chapter twenty eight

*edited*

"Those dimples are illegal

But I like those anyway,"

                                      - DIMPLE

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Y/N's POV:

"This is going to be the thing you are going to learn. Again, not the last session," said Jungkook sternly.

I couldn't help but frown. He is all cute and hot, but now he is being like an old grumpy grandpa, like Yoongi.

"Sit on the ground," he demanded as I obeyed.

After I sat down, Jungkook took a penknife as he looked at me.

"Focus on your breathing. I am going to help you by ripping a piece of your flesh. The ripping won't hurt. This is for your wings to come out easily," he said as I looked at him agape.

I could feel my heart beating fast as things were now becoming real.

"Kneel for me baby," a voice whispered behind me as I obeyed Jungkook.

I could feel a pair of arms coming through my waist to undo the knot of my hanbok.

"Wait-," I was interrupted when my hanbok began to fall as I grabbed it.

I could hear him chuckle as I looked back and glared at him.

I turned back as he said:

"I need to see your back where I can see your scapula," he said as I groaned.

I let my hanbok fall a bit and grabbed the blouse piece quickly to cover my breasts.

"As I repeat, there is nothing I haven't learnt about you human females," he said with a sigh.

I closed my eyes as I could feel the cold metal opening my skin, but there was no pain.

I smiled at how rapidly the demon blood was spreading through me. My eyes had become fully purple along with my hair, which was lavender and black.

"You are all done," he said as he slipped his pocketknife back into the pocket of his hanbok as I looked at him.

"The others will be joining us shortly," he said as I looked at him puzzled.

"Because, all of us has to chant a word, which helps in the awakening of our wings," he said to which I nodded.

The net made a knocking sound to which I and Jungkook looked over to see the others in their hanbok smiling at us.

Jungkook opened the net as they got in.

"Were Romeo and Juliet doing something else when we weren't here?" asked Jimin in a sly smirk.

"HYUNG!" shouted Jungkook as Jin slapped his head with a spatula.

"Manners, Jungkook," hissed Jin as he put his spatula back into his pocket.

"Let's get started, shall we?" asked Yoongi as he took a deep sigh and sat down.

Slowly everyone sat down and, in the end, I too sat down.

"Just focus on your breathing, listening to our chant, as I want you to tell positive affirmations to yourself," said Jungkook.

"You might feel a tingle at first which then turns into pain," added Hoseok.

"And this pain is from your soul. Not your body, as the wings are attached to your soul. And this is why damaging your wings can be fatal," said Namjoon.

"Does wings have faction colours?"

"Good question, no. It's just black for everyone," said Yoongi.

"When does my true form reveal?"

"There is no true form for you Y/n. As you are a half-human. Human is your true form. You have to spurt your wings out from your body, like we do. There won't be scaley skin for you," said Jin.

"How often do you use your wings?"

"Very rarely," said Taehyung.

"Can I use my powers back on Earth?"

"Yes, you can. But not let the other humans see it. To be honest, you will go invisible at first while using your powers, so others won't see you. When you climb buildings, people rarely observe it. As their mind is diverted," said Jimin.

"Any more questions?" asked Jungkook to which I shook my head.

Everyone had their posture straight as they put a hood over their head and they opened them to see their colour in the darkest shade of their faction.

I looked over to Jungkook to see him already looking at me.

He smiled at me as he mouthed,

"I. love. you,"

But instead of happiness, I see tears of sadness in his eyes.

And something tells me that there is something fishy in this current situation. Everyone had gloomy faces and was trying their best to not frown.

"All the best Y/n," they all said as I closed my eyes.

They began to chant something in Italian as I focused on my breathing.

"I am who I am and I like myself,"

"I am not perfect but that's okay,"

"I am grateful for my loved ones,"

"My friends like me for who I am,"

"I am in the right place at the right time,"

"I am not my fears,"

"I dare to be seen,"

"I rise above my insecurities,"

I felt a sharp pang in my chest as I held my chest.

The intensity increased as I could feel a tear running down my cheek as if my heart was about to burst.

"I am worthy,"

"I love myself,"

"I accept myself,"

"Other's words don't shape me,"

I screamed as the pain came to an unbearable limit.

"I love myself,"

"I love everyone I know,"

"I love them,"

"I love him,"

I could feel my rising in the air as the last thing I could hear was my inhumane heartbeat and the faint chanting.

Is this how I die?

━━━━━━━━━━━━