chapter thirty four

*edited*

"YOU GOT NO JAMS!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Y/N's POV:

I grumbled as I got in Eunwoo's car as he drove the moment, I closed the door.

"They won't teach much, all of them are in the new year mode now," he tried to console me.

"Teach less, my foot! I sat down all day to finish that one damn assignment Professor Kim gave and my ass is so sore from all the sitting. What the heck is wrong with that old man?! He posted it yesterday morning saying today was the due date,"

"They shouldn't put these types of assignments to you guys yet. That sir probably has high expectations for you,"

"Y/n, are you sure you want to be a journalist?" he asked while he stopped in the traffic.

"Why that question?"

"Because I think you are doing that as a side subject,"

Crap.

I am caught.

"How do you know?"

"Come on Y/n. The university you go to is under my wing. I know which subjects and courses my university takes. Aren't you a law student?"

Fucking hell.

Yes. I am.

I knew he would find out someday, but not this soon...

In today's society, a girl being a lawyer is some type of sin for my parents. My mother never supported me to be a law student. She hated it when I used to talk about how much I loved being a lawyer.

She would always nag about how I was a useless birth and a waste of money when all I wanted to do was chase my dreams. To whomever I told I was a law student. None of them was happy with me; a girl being a lawyer.

I got into this prestigious university as a stroke of luck because of my scholarship and academic records. And because of that I never needed to worry about the fees as my mother never financially supported me.

My mother wanted me to be a nurse and it was the last job I would try. It wasn't because I hated the medical field. But I know that this field isn't for me. I just don't have the patience and guts to treat people.

"Yes, I am. I am sorry that I didn't tell you earlier. People these days, just don't support female lawyers and whomever I said that I was a lawyer mocked and made fun of me. Thus, I started to say that I was a journalist university student,"

"Y/n, one thing I would say to you is to not give a damn about others thoughts. How can one do a job they have to do in their lifetime if she or he is not passionate about it? If it is a job you are going to do for the rest of your life, you should love it. And I agree a hundred per cent with your choice and understand why you covered your side subject on top of your main subject," said Eunwoo as I looked down embarrassed.

"Hey...," Eunwoo said softly as he lifted my head.

"It doesn't matter if you are bad at English. Your Korean is up to standards and that's what matters. You can be my lawyer once you get a job. I would say that I have seen you do a demo of being a lawyer and how cunning and intelligent you are," said Eunwoo as a small smile crept out of my face.

The rest of the car ride was silent as Eunwoo got busy on a call with his assistant.

I twirled my pen lazily as I waited for the literature professor to come.

The old man takes one hour to come, and the other hour lectures about how important a child should respect their elders or how he visited Australia with his wife and two children back when he was young and energetic.

For God's green earth's sake, the last fifteen minutes he would blabber something and would tell me to write an essay about it.

I should have taken Korean as my language instead of English, it wasn't my fault my mother taught me in a Korean medium school instead of English.

I grunted as I sneakily ate a candy I stored in my pocket while looking outside the window.

Five more days until New Year.

Luckily, the university gave two days' holiday for New Year. This year, our university reduced the holidays and I talked about Eunwoo during the car ride but he said that his father was the headmaster and he couldn't do anything about that old man.

Speak of the devil, we all got up and bowed as the headmaster came in a brown suit, his glasses on the bridge of his nose, eyes deadly similar to Eunwoo's as he gave a toothy smile to us.

"Good morning students. I hope you had a good Christmas break. I am just sorry to inform you that Professor Kim has retired from his job and moved down to his hometown back in Daegu along with his wife,"

Damn, thank the good lord. After all, has heard my prayers after a long time.

"So, that doesn't mean, there won't be a teacher for your class. Education never stops. Also, I want all my students to speak English like native English men do when they graduate from this university,"

Of course, to do that, the subject must be taught by the right teachers.

"Thus, I introduce you to your new teacher. He is quite young. Just three years from your age. But trust me, actions speak louder than words. This young man has not only blown my mind away but also taught me that learning a language isn't as boring as we always thought. I hope you get well along with your new teacher and let me introduce you to...,"

My pen fell from my hand as my mouth hung open, eyes wide like saucers.

Familiar professional outfit.

Familiar thighs.

Familiar tattooed arms.

Familiar chest.

Familiar face.

"Students meet your new English Professor; Jeon Jungkook,"

━━━━━━━━━━━━

-» 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗡𝗗 «-

PART II?