Chapter 1: Love at First Sight

My name is Rahul, and I come from a middle-class family in Mumbai. I was pursuing my engineering degree at one of the top colleges in the city when I met her. It was the first day of my second year, and I was sitting in the lecture hall, waiting for the professor to arrive. That's when I saw her for the first time.

She was sitting a few rows ahead of me, and I couldn't take my eyes off her. She had beautiful long hair, big brown eyes, and the most mesmerizing smile I had ever seen. I couldn't resist the urge to strike up a conversation with her, so I gathered up all my courage and went to talk to her during the break.

As it turned out, her name was Aarohi, and she was pursuing her degree in architecture. We hit it off immediately, and before we knew it, we were spending all our time together. We would talk for hours on end, discussing everything from our dreams and aspirations to our favorite movies and music.

As days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months, I realized that I was falling deeply in love with her. But I knew that our love was not meant to be, at least not in the eyes of our families. Aarohi was from a conservative family in Jaipur, and her parents had already chosen a groom for her. They expected her to marry him as soon as she completed her degree, and there was no room for negotiation.

I knew that our love was doomed from the start, but I couldn't bring myself to let go of her. I loved her with all my heart, and I couldn't imagine my life without her. But the reality of our situation began to sink in, and I knew that our love was going to be a painful and sad one.

Little did I know that our love story was going to take a tragic turn, one that would change our lives forever.

One day, Aarohi's parents found out about our relationship. They were furious and demanded that she break all ties with me. They threatened to disown her if she didn't comply with their wishes.

Aarohi was torn between her love for me and her loyalty to her family. She knew that defying her parents would mean losing everything she had ever known, but she also couldn't bear the thought of losing me. We tried to come up with a plan to convince her parents to accept our relationship, but nothing seemed to work.

As the days went by, our situation grew more and more complicated. Aarohi's wedding was approaching, and she was being pressured to accept her parents' choice of groom. I could see the pain in her eyes every time we met, and it broke my heart to see her suffer.

One day, we decided to run away together. We knew that it was risky and that it would have serious consequences, but we were willing to do anything to be together. We planned everything meticulously, and on the day of her wedding, we fled the city.

We thought that we were free and that we could finally be together without any restrictions. But our happiness was short-lived. Aarohi's family filed a case against me, accusing me of kidnapping their daughter. The police arrested me, and Aarohi was forced to return to her family.

I was heartbroken, and I knew that our love was never meant to be. But I couldn't bring myself to give up on her. I waited for months, hoping that she would come back to me, but she never did.

Years have passed since then, and I have come to terms with the fact that our love was doomed from the start. But the pain of losing her still lingers, and I can't help but wonder what could have been.