49 | You Can't Do That To Me. I Love You

22.07.2023📍

Jungkook reaches the address around 6 o'clock. He sees Jimin's house decorated with lights and creamy white curtains. It doesn't give him a positive vibe at all.

He strides towards the main door, looking here & there how some people, caterers he suppose, are running here & there while preparing food in big pots, in front lawn of the house.

He enters the house and recognises Jimin's parents talking to some other couple of the same age. He moves ahead and Jimin comes into his vision. A sudden relief spreads in his chest looking at him. It feels like he's seeing him after a long time.

But what he doesn't understand is the girl standing beside Jimin with her arms wrapped around his arm. Jimin doesn't look happy and is not even looking up to look at anyone.

Jungkook's blood boils when the girl nudges Jimin to talk, who looks above. His eyes are red as if he has cried. Jungkook clenches his fists tightly.

Parents of the two leave Jimin & the girl alone. The soft smile on the girl's face wipes off immediately. She looks above at Jimin who doesn't look at her at all. She whispers something to him and leaves him alone.

Jungkook looks here & there, and seeing no one around, speed walks to Jimin, who at the same time looks above and their eyes meet.

Jungkook is determined to take him away, while Jimin starts crying silently looking at him. Jungkook grabs Jimin's wrist and drags him away from the centre of the house, to any room he could see. It was the door to the back lawn.

He stops and turns around to shower Jimin with a lot of questions, but before that he notices the red marks on Jimin's right cheek. His eyes open in shock, he slowly reaches out and softly caresses his cheek.

"Who did that?" There was hatred in his voice. Jimin only sobs "It's over Jungkook... It's over..." He cries looking down.

"What... What happe-"
"Mom came home... She had a picture of us... You were kissing my hand... Jeju Island... Our relatives were there too unfortunately... Mom fixed my wedding..." Jimin tells him, sobbing in between, hicuping at the end.

Jungkook remains silent, his hand still cupping Jimin's face, wiping his tears continuously. Jimin continues "She's the same girl... Who- who tried to force... me" And he continues to cry.

Jungkook pulls him in a hug, with his nape. Jimin at once wraps his arms around him and cries holding onto him for a while. Jungkook's blood is still boiling because of his parents, but his eyes get watery.

Jimin takes a long breath before parting away. "We can't be together now..." He bursts into tears again, desperately looking at Jungkook as if he is looking at him for the last time.

"Don't look at me like that" Jungkook whispers panicked, pulling him closer.
"Please let me go." Jimin sobs, his action saying otherwise as he tightly clutches onto Jungkook's shirt, not wanting to leave him.

"No!" Jungkook wraps his arms around his waist once again.
"Please..." Jimin whispers but Jungkook only pulls him closer.

"I can't do that Jimin. You can't do that to me. I love you!" He whispers, tightly closing his eyes. Jimin closes his eyes with a skipped heartbeat.

He smiles through his tears, feeling the warmth in his heart once again. He sniffles, realising Jungkook's really here to take him back.

"I love you too..." He whispers back, "I can't live without you..." He sobs, tightening his grip on Jungkook's back.
"I'm not letting you go then!" Jungkook smiles relieved.