CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2 : Fired
----------------------------------------------------------

"Were they important?" She asked in a low voice.

"Calling them important will be an understatement. They were for today's meeting . Where are they?" He asked again.

"I-"She wanted to lie , but she knew she couldn't go a long way doing that .

"I wiped the table with them" She said and shut her eyes closed with fear , knowing something bad was about to happen .

She stepped back subconsciously with fear , and her heart felt like it would drop to her stomach. She not only misbehaved with him in the morning , but also ruined the papers .

But nothing came . Just a thick silence covering the room . She opened her eyes slightly seeing him glare at her angrily.

"The moment I laid my eyes upon you , I should have known that you are nothing but a useless troublemaker " Zayan angrily uttered.

"I swear , I am not like this—"Inara tried to defend herself.

"I don't think you are anything good . Not only you stepped in my life , but also argued with me , and now this—who even let you inside huh?" Zayan asked with anger.

"My-I—"she couldn't find words , and her body felt weak , hearing the angry words getting showered on her like anything.

"I swear I didn't knew about this—please forgive me . I will never repeat any of it" She apologized as her throat felt heavy . She was holding back her tears.

"I don't care about your apologies . Get the heck out of my office . It was your last day at work" He declared.

"Please ! No ! I can't just go like this !" Her eyes widened and her palms felt sweaty . This job was her last hope.

"I don't care , you should have thought about it before getting in my lift and ruining my papers" Zayan angrily said . He hated imperfections , and this girl was a living example of being messy .

Her hijab's cloth was unironed and had crinkles at many points and her clothes didn't looked properly ironed either. Her shoes had slight mud , from the place she got an auto from .

"I am sorry, it's just today isn't my best day"

"Doesn't sound like my fault . Go away before I call the guards inside" Zayan told her and walked towards the glass looking outside and Inara knew that it was her end , this man's heart was made of cold ice , and there was no way that he would forgive her. So she just silently walked out  , feeling rejected .

A lady was about to go inside and she stared at Inara , and her face which was almost reddish and felt like she would burst into cries any next moment.

"What happened to you my little lady?" The lady asked in a soft voice.

"I am fine , it's just a tough day" she whispered .

"Come to the canteen , we can grab lunch maybe , then you can go back to your job" The lady suggested.

She was looking like she was in mid 50s and had that warm aunt vibes , which Inara always craved for.