43. By My Hand

Justice Memoria ( Seina's Point of View Part 6 )

I used all the strength in my body to knock the demon down and away from Yuki. My chest rose and fell quickly as anger built inside of me. I watched as Yuki stumbled, blood spewing from her back as my impact caused the demon to tear her tail from Yuki.

"Crap," Kurai said quickly as she rushed to Yuki, catching her in her arms. With a firm glare, I stared down at the demon as she coughed on her blood and writhed in pain. She scrambled as she tried to fill the stab wound from Yuki with blue smoke as if searching for a desperate attempt to stop the bleeding.

"Seina, come look after Yuki," Kurai called out, the demon squeezed her chest in pain, reaching into her chest to pull out a vial of strange orange liquid that bubbled in the glass.

The image of her pretending to be Yuki to mess with me fueled a fire in my chest. I felt in my gut that the liquid was to heal her, but I wanted that. I want her healthy before I beat her into the pavement.

When I didn't move Kurai called again. " Seina," Kurai said sternly as she moved to lay Yuki down. I walked over to Kurai and put my hand on her shoulder. In the reflection of her eyes, I saw mine bear a faint gold glow.

Kurai blinked as she slowly lifted Yuki into a better position. "Yuki comes first," Her voice was almost like a trance. "Stay safe, meet up with us," She added before quickly making her way to the clearing.

Yuki can be safe and heal there.

I'll meet up with them later.

The demon screamed, gripping the glass tightly as she healed slowly. I stood and waited patiently, my hammer in hand as I watched her every movement. "Damn it, I can't die," She cried as she rubbed her throat.

"It's all her fault, if only she didn't get caught I wouldn't have to be here," The demon spoke to herself as she tried to relax, it was as if she didn't notice I was still there.

Her tail dived in my direction skidding along my cheek as I moved out of the way. "Sorry, but you have to die, I need my life back," 

I winded my arm up and quickly swung a small version of my hammer into her jaw. She held her mouth in pain, her eyes burning with tears. Everything felt like a blur of rage as I kept swinging.

I hated seeing my friends hurt, I hated seeing Yuki hurt, and I hated seeing innocent people hurt. I hated it all, and these demons came solely to harm others.

It wasn't long until she was on the ground once again. She couldn't speak, or move, her breathing was shallow, and the best she had for a blue smoke cloud was faint and the size of a basketball. She was at her end.

She was bleeding out, but I wanted to land a final strike. As I lifted my hammer above my head, like a judges gavel casting judgement, I felt a quick seering sting across my neck. I brought my hammer down once more with all my strength, crashing it into her skull. I let go of my hammer, allowing it to fall into the puddle of blood.

Warm liquid quickly spilled down my neck I squeezed my neck with both of my hands in hope to stop it. Gasping for air, all I could think of was to find help. Each step felt heavier than the last as I walked, everything around me turning dim.

The sound of barkin rang in my ear as I fell to my knees. As something tugged on the fabric of my skirt, I looked down to notice Kiko. A small bulldog me and Yuki dog sat for a summer. If I could, I'd laugh at the memory.

Of how we met. It was so embarrassing. I couldn't stop crying when I was yelling at the boys that kept picking on Kiko. The commotion caught Yuki and Isao's attention, so they came to help me. It took a few years before we became actual friends, but...

Yuki was always so kind to me.

I reached for Kiko's head, gently petting her as everything grew cold. I used the last bit of energy I had to make her run off to safety outside of the dome.

"Dying sucks," I thought to myself as I laid on the pavement. So much flew through my mind, what I could've done better, what I didn't do.

Maybe I should've told Yuki.