Chapter 20

Jungkook's memories were fragmented, pieces of a life he struggled to remember

Jungkook's memories were fragmented, pieces of a life he struggled to remember. But one memory remained vivid in his mind—the day he was saved from a life of slavery.

As a young child, he had been kidnapped and forced into slavery, until a man named Lee Jong suk came to his rescue. Lee Jong suk, or Hyung as they affectionately referred to him, became their savior, mentor, and leader. From that day forward, the hyungs—Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon, Jimin, and Taehyung—had become a family.

Tae and Jimin's past was shrouded in mystery, their parents part of the Korean military, their fate uncertain after an attack. All they knew was that they had lost their parents, and their only solace was being together. They were sent to the same orphanage, where they found comfort in each other's friendship.

But tragedy struck yet again when their orphanage was attacked, engulfed in flames. They were the only survivors, and it was discovered that it was an attack targeted at their orphanage, originally owned by Lee Jong suk. The man who had saved them once before.

Yn, a curious newcomer to their story, questioned who Lee Jong suk was. Jimin eagerly explained that he was not only their savior but also their mentor and leader—the ex-mafia king. Though his reputation was frightening to others, he was their protector and provider.

Jin, being the oldest among them, recounted the eventful day they were all adopted by Lee Hyung. At the time, Jin was eleven, Yoongi ten, Hobi and Namjoon nine, Jimin and Taehyung eight, and Jungkook merely seven. Lee Hyung took them in as his own, giving them new identities but keeping their surnames unchanged due to their young age.

Yoongi remembered the incident that changed the course of their lives. While they were attending school, a sudden attack had threatened their safety. Lee Hyung recognized the need for self-defense and began training all of them to protect themselves. Knowledge of their mentor's dark past as a mafia king did not scare them; he was their strength when others feared him.

Hoseok admitted that their interest in mafia training grew as they learned self-defense. Yoongi, Namjoon, and Hobi harbored a desire for revenge, motivating them to explore this dangerous path. Lee Hyung gave them the training they sought, and after five years, they officially formed their group—the Bangtan.

Namjoon became their leader due to his leadership abilities, but Jin, with his exceptional fighting skills, should have taken the role. Jin, however, willingly stepped back, acknowledging Namjoon's aptitude for guiding them. Yoongi became their hacking expert, Hobi excelled as a sniper, while Jimin and Taehyung specialized as seducer and fighter, respectively. Jungkook, the youngest, found himself honing the skills of an assassin.

Love had even found its way into this world of darkness, when Jong suk had fallen for his best friend, unaware of his mafia ties. The hyungs helped him confess and propose to his love. But when she became pregnant, jong syk made the decision to leave the mafia, entrusting the throne to the others. They made a solemn vow to never betray each other, no matter the circumstances.

As a means of camouflage, the Bangtan members established their own legitimate companies after completing college. They took on roles as secretaries, gaining valuable experience while secretly preparing for the work they loved. None of them had any interest in the world of business—they were focused on their shared purpose.

And so, the Bangtan embarked on their journey, working in tandem with the government but in an illicit manner. Their objective was clear—to bring to justice those criminals that evaded legal consequences. They were the shadows that hunted down the wicked, operating beyond the boundaries of the law.

Little did they know that their path would be filled with challenges and trials that would test the limits of their loyalty and brotherhood. The adventure had only just begun.

 The adventure had only just begun