chapter 57

.
Ayesha's pov
.

"No" I mumbled in annoyance.

I picked up the pencil and started making a drawing, but I was not able to get my thoughts clear on the paper.

"Horrible" I said looking at my sketch and crumpled the paper and threw it away in frustration.

I have to calm myself first. I closed my eyes and breathed in and out, I tried to get a clear picture in my head so that I could easily put it on the paper.

I was working on some project, but my mind has been so preoccupied these days that I'm not being able to focus.

"You can do it Ayesha" I said to myself and opened my eyes, but starled when I found Mr Khan sitting there.

"So.. sorry! I didn't mean to scare you" he said

"No issue" I said and looked down at the stationery in my hand.

The little focus I gathered, was also gone now, I don't know why but in his presence I was feeling nervous.

I could feel the heat of his gaze burning my skull, when I couldn't take it anymore, I looked up at him.

I raised an eyebrow at him to question why he was sitting and gawking at me.

"We all are sitting in the lawn, join us" he said hesitantly.

I really liked him coming here and asking me to join, so without throwing any tantrums, I agreed.

I put all the things aside and stood up, he extended his hand in front of me, I was a little surprised by him, after ignoring for so long he was here, giving me attention.

When I stared blankly at his extended hand for too long, he pulled back, but before he could pull it back completely, I put my hand on his. A huge smile appeared on his lips.

"Let's go" I said

Together we headed to the lawn, when I reached there I saw Reem, jeeju, Hayat and Emma were already there, I sat on a seat with Mr Khan.

Reem cleared her throat loudly, I looked at her, she was smirking, I followed her gaze, it was stuck on mine and Mr Khan's joined hands, I immediately pulled my hand away. She laughed. I glared at her.

"Thank god you have come bhabhi, now Athar Bhai will sit peacefully, he couldn't stop fidgeting when you weren't here, you should just not leave him alone" Hayat said

"Shut up Hayat" Mr Khan scolded her

"Oh stop the drama Athar Bhai, we all saw how restless you were till you didn't bring Ayesha" Reem winked at me. I motioned her to shut up.

I looked arrogantly at Emma. She had no emotion on her face, it was blank.

"All ok Izhaan, you look worried" Mr Khan suddenly took the attention on jeeju, we all looked at him, jeeju had his nose stuck on his phone.

"Yeah! Just some message from Adarsh" he said and put his phone in his pocket.

"Is everything ok?" Reem asked,

"Yeah! Don't worry" he put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer.

"Awww! You guys are so sweet together" Emma said looking at jeeju and Reem

"Mashallah" I mumbled under my breath looking lovingly at Reem.

"Athar Bhai please convince Emma to extend her stay, she was saying she will go back to London next week" Hayat said

"Alhamdulillah (thanks to Allah)" I said it out loud, before I knew it, everyone stared at me, "I mean, it's her choice Hayat, if she has booked her ticket already, how will she change it?" I said