chaptire deux

Lovin You

My name is Amara Achille and I'm from another, another universe. About 10 or so months ago, I accidentally drank a spider (don't ask how) and ended up with ClimbingOnWall-itis. Or that's what I kept telling myself until my roommate, Mari shook some sense into me. It's been an eye-opening experience and I've learned a lot. Like for example, my abilities can range from web shooting to healing, though, I still don't know the difference between activating the healing and poisonous mucus so actually let's scratch that out for now. I've made a lot of mistakes but I did manage to establish myself as Vintage York's number two hero; the first being the cops for some reason but a win is a win. I'm trying my best and now that I've joined the Spider Society, I going to make my best even better.

~~~

As if falling out of a portal wasn't bad enough, Amara smacked against a metal frame, a restaurant's sign, and on a line of clothes before crashing onto the ground. She laid there for what must've been a couple of minutes and then raised her head up with a groan.

For reasons that Amara still didn't understand, Miguel wanted everyone to be at his beck and call. In the middle of the night, during classes, while she was in the shower. She even recalls a time when she got a message during a robbery and the culprit nearly slipped past her while she was debating on whether or not she should break her watch. She started to notice that a few people weren't showing up to his meetings like the one tall guy that had the thickest British accent she has ever heard -though she hasn't heard many anyways- or the one Peter that can't seem to afford a daycare, and while she wanted to follow suit, Miguel's words kept floating around in her head.

When she sat up, Amara pulled her mask off, allowing her long locs to fall down her back. She wiped the sweat off her brows and cracked her neck, breaking some of the tension in her body. After rolling her shoulders, she noticed that something was on them and saw that she had brought a clothing line down with her. Blessings come in disguises because not only did she land in an alley close to the diner, she now has a change of clothes.

After tucking her suit away and 'borrowing' a damp outfit, Amara hung the line back up and went into the street like she didn't just fall out of thin air. That's what she liked about all of this, because despite her many, many, many mishaps; somehow she manages to slip by. Yeah sure people are looking at her strangely for having a wet stain on her blouse but their first thought would probably be 'Oh she must've rushed out the house' and not 'That's strange, I bet she stole those clothes to hide the fact that she's Spider-Lily.' There had been a few conspiracies floating around, her favorite being that she was an alien that was trained by the CIA, but no one has ever gotten close to thinking that Amara was the one behind the mask. In fact, she might be the last person anyone would assume. She's clumsy and her brain cells could only contain academic information in them, meaning that common sense has no place in her head. So while she doesn't like being viewed as an idiot, at least it's protecting her identity.

Just as she opened the door to the 24/7 diner, she was greeted with, "You fell into a puddle or somethin', hun?"

Amara clicked her teeth, giving the man an unamused look. The hero raised her palm up at him, letting the door close behind her, and walked over to the counter, "I heard the Yankees lost last night, again. I think it's time you wake up and smell the coffee, old man, the Mets are on the come up."

"The Yankees have been around since my father was a boy, the Mets are as old as my granddaughter. They're goin' need a couple of more years before they can even fathom coming close to them." He replied, waving her off as he poured her a cup of coffee to drink. When she finally sat down on one of the stools, he handed it to her and then hit the daily newspaper on her arm, "By the way, this one ain't on the house. Every penny counts now."