Ch.8 Meteor

~Y/n pov~

It's a catastrophe.

[Some Constellations are protesting the sudden spike of difficulty]

A mid level Dokkaebi appeared, "This isn't good. How did you end up entering this route anyway? How could you awaken a catastrophe when you haven't even completed the growth scenario yet."

Joonghyuk looked alarmed as he saw the Dokkaebi, his hand firmly holding onto mine.

"This isn't fair?! We haven't even completed the fourth scenario yet."

"Then it's decided. There will be no adjustments to the difficulty." The Dokkaebi smirked sinisterly at us, "It'd be no fun if you all died so I'll change the scenario just a bit."

[An impromptu sub scenario has been added to the hidden scenario]

The hidden scenario screen popped up in front of us.

________________________________

<Hidden scenario - united we fall, divided we fall>

Category : Hidden

Difficulty : A

Clear conditions : Defeat the minor catastrophe Lesser Dragon Ignir writhing the time limit, or survive its attack.

Time limit : 20 minutes

Reward : 3,000 coins

Penalty for failure : Death

________________________________

"Run clockwise, everyone!" Dokja yelled as the scenario began.

Joonghyuk started to run, matching his pace to Dokja's so I ran in between them.

Fire came barrelling towards where we were just stood.

The heat licked at our skin, showing the imminent danger.

[Tier 5 Fire Dragon, Lesser Dragon Ignir, is preparing to use flame of destruction]

Dokja reached for my hand and grabbed it, pulling me and Joonghyuk to a certain spot.

"Look for a plate."

All three of us stopped on a plate as we panted, trying to catch our breaths from both the sudden sprinting and the adrenaline running through our bodies.

[A hidden piece has been activated]

[Absolute shied will be activated for 10 seconds when the number of people standing on the plate is equal to the number that's written on it]

I watched as people easily turned against each other.

Slashing down friends and enemies alike to get a space on the plates.

Even though I knew the fire wouldn't hit us, I was still startled when flames came rushing towards us, diverting because of the shield and hitting the wall behind us.

[The position of the plates will be renewed in 1 minute]

The shield deactivated and we dodged to avoid an incoming hit.

We managed to find another place, but this time for four people.

Hyunsung was quick to join us on the plate.

[The number of plates that spawn will be reduced next turn]

I was startled when Dokja didn't stand on a plate and instead ran straight towards the dragon.

Although I knew what was going to happen, I was still afraid to watch someone I loved die.

He dove towards the flagpole and placed the flag in it as flame engulfed him.