chapter 61

.
Reem's POV
.

He stabbed my heart with just three words!

It felt like I was choking on my tears, even though I was completely shattered from inside, but still gathered strength in me to speak further.

"Really? You don't know who I am?" My voice was cracking. He rolled his eyes

"No, I don't know you. Now leave me and my wife alone" he said looking at the girl sitting with him.

"How can you even say this? I am your wife" it was so hard to talk, nothing was supporting me at the moment, my voice, my heart, my mind, my body. It felt like I was going to collapse any moment.

He laughed as if he has just heard the funniest joke of his life.

"Look ma'am, I think you have gone crazy, I told you to leave us, then why are you still standing here?" He shouted rudely.

Oh God please kill me right now. I don't want to live.

I felt wetness on my cheeks, my lips were trembling, I felt so cold as if my blood was freezing in my body.

"Iz..." I opened my mouth to speak, but he yelled

"Ajeeb pagal ladki ho, kaha na dafa ho yahan se, phir bhi abhi tak yahin khadi ho (what a crazy girl you are, i told you to get lost from here still you are standing here)" the way he shouted at me I felt like my breath got stuck in my chest.

This can't be real, it's my imagination.

Please someone wake me up from this nightmare. I screwed my eyes tightly, but nothing changed when I opened them again.
My vision was turning blurry. I took a step towards him

"Don't you dare come near me" he pointed a finger at me, "and what is wrong with you Maizah? A crazy girl is standing here and calling herself my wife and you are not saying anything to her?" He said to the girl, she got up and looked at me

"Listen Re ......" The girl opened her mouth to speak, but Izhaan put her hand on her mouth

"Nevermind! Let's just go from here" he took out his wallet and pulled out some notes from it, he slammed it on the table.

"Don't go Izhaan! Don't leave me alone! I will die without you! Please I beg you, just hold me. I need you." I was screaming but my lips were so frozen they couldn't move. I was just staring at him, trying to move my lips, trying to find my voice.

He held her hand and walked past me, I wanted to grab his collar and stop him.

I tried so hard to run after him, but my legs refused to move. I wanted to cry on my fate, someone set my whole world on fire and I could do nothing to stop it.

For a very long time I kept staring at the exit, I waited for him to return and tell me that it was just a pathetic joke, he would come back and apologize for this horrible prank, but he didn't return, it felt like years passed and I kept on staring at the door waiting for him to walk in.

"Hello" someone shook my arm roughly, but I couldn't look at the person, "I am asking you do you know this guy who just walked out" he shouted, I wanted to scoff

Do I know him? That guy is my life, and he left me to die

"Are you dumb?" Someone shook me again. The grip on my arm was too tight but I felt nothing, there was so much pain in my heart that I couldn't feel anything else.

"Hey leave her alone" someone shouted and the grip was gone.

"Ma'am! Are you ok?" Someone held my arm again, but my eyes were still stuck at the door. "Reem ma'am! Please say something" someone held my face and turned it away from the door, it was Vivek.