sweet child o' mine

"you'll find out sooner or later, hali." I heard a man speak, from the sounds of it, is most presumably a man in the prime of his life, or on his midlife, well, for the lack of better terms, middle aged. I tried getting a glimpse of the person but my eyes seem to be too worn out, drowsy to unfold itself

intensely reverberating sounds suddenly burst through my brain, causing my eyes open completely, interrupting the phenomenon that had occurred in my head. great... it was my alarm that woke me up and broke my reverie. It was all just a dream, again.

I always surmised that dreams mean something, like it's somewhat a form of foreshadowing. the reveries I have prognosticate most of the events that transpire in my life. so what does my dream mean this time? what will I find out sooner or later?

these kinds of dreams also got me contemplating on whether or not I have severe, grievous, profound daddy issues, which is completely understandable, right? given the fact that my father had never been present at least once in my whole life

but it wasn't really that deep for me, cause even if I didn't have a present father figure in my existence, I had my brother, percy. I see my reflection in his eyes. we are pretty similar like how both have adhd and dyslexia which I assume comes from our fathers genes since our mother doesn't really have either of them.

funny right? out of everything you can leave the children you abandoned, you leave them learning disorders.

my name is brielle hali jackson. am I a troubled teenager? yeah, you can say that.

how? you might ask? I live through and experience things that are not likely considered normal. I see things. unreal, 'illusory' things. of course when you say something like that to people, they'll most likely send you to a therapist. good news; he's saying there's nothing to worry about! it's all in my imagination.

these impossible things that felt like they walked right out of the stories my mom used to tell me and my brother. so real one minute, and then the next...

it felt good to talk about those things with my brother and our mutual friend grover. I could almost suppose they were imaginary. weird, but harmless.

until the day that changed. until the day one of the 'chimerical' things decided to come for me.