chapter 67

.
Izhaan's pov
.

I stopped the car outside the house and immediately got off, Athar followed me. I opened the back door and helped dada ji in coming out.

His health has improved but he has become really weak, he has even lost a lot of weight. Doctors were still not in favour of him traveling, but he put his foot down, he couldn't stay there anymore.

He held mine and Athar's hand to take support for walking, papa was going to hold him, but I told him to walk ahead.

I asked the driver to bring the luggage in the house and headed inside.

"Be careful" I said as he took one step

"I'm perfectly fine, don't treat me like a sick person" dada ji said, I shook my head.

"If you are not sick then why are you taking support in walking?" Athar raised his eyebrows at him

"Oh that! I'm just checking how strong my grandsons are" dada ji chuckled sheepishly making me and Athar laugh loudly

"I missed you so much dada ji" I said kissing his cheek.

"I missed you too buddy" he smiled.

"Shall we go inside?" papa asked breaking our emotional moment

"Yes" I nodded and we headed inside.

Dadi was sitting in the living room, dada ji's face lit up looking at her, I suppressed a smile. She was so dedicatedly knitting that she did not even notice us.

"Assalamualaikum dadi" I said to gain her attention.

"Walekum assala..."she stopped when she looked up at us. She gasped loudly, her hand went up on her heart, "ya Allah. What happened to him?"

"MashaAllah mumtaz begum! You are looking very pretty" dada ji smiled at her.

Dadi came running to us.

"What happened to you?" Dadi held dada ji's hand

"Boys, leave me. She will take care of me now" dada ji ordered, we left him.

Dadi helped him in settling down, she looked at him worriedly.

"Is anyone going to bring water?" Dadi shouted

Soon a maid came running with water, maa and hayat also came. They all met dada ji and papa wholeheartedly.

"Is anyone going to tell me anything now?" Dadi lost patience.

Papa sat next to dadi and told her everything from dada ji falling sick to the doctor stopping him from traveling.

By the time papa was done, dadi was red in anger. She glared at all of us.

"Did you all know?" She asked. Everyone stayed quiet. "Very nice! What should I say to you all?" She looked so angry, "you never felt like telling me anything, was I not important enough for you!" She glanced at dada ji

"I didn't want you to get worried" he said

"Really? You didn't want me to get worried!" Dadi scoffed

"Amma! Abba ji is fine now, I took care of him. Stop worrying" papa hugged dadi

After a lot of convincing dadi got better, dada ji also looked better sitting next to her, I think that's the power of love.

My phone rang, I quickly took it out from my pocket, I rolled my eyes when I saw it was shaurya's call. I decided to ignore it, he will again talk about that stupid guy.