7. Comet

just a heads up, before I started writing this, I thought boxing and kickboxing where the same, so if I don't write it right, please correct me 🙏

Song: Dancer in the Dark by Chase Atlantic

Angelina's POV:

Luca was taking too long. The tournament was at 12am, and it was currently 11:30pm, meaning if he didn't leave now, I would miss the competition.

We had came back to my room at 11:10PM, after cleaning the toilets, because Dad insisted we did it right then, and so we did. And Jesus Christ, what house needs 14 toilets? There were only 7 people living in the house.

Luca insisted on watching Gossip Girl, and he wasn't leaving. Earlier, I'd asked him to leave because I was going to go to bed, but he just said he would sleep in my bed, too. I needed a way to get him out, without him coming back in. But how? After thinking, I finally come up with an idea. It's probably not the best idea, but I hope it'll work.

I walk to the bathroom, Luca not even noticing, and I close the door. I wait a couple minutes, before I open the door just enough to fit my head through. "Hey, Luca?" I say, as his eyes finally detach from the screen and go to mine.

"Yeah?" "Uh, well, I kind of need you to get out." I say, avoiding eye contact with him. "What? Why?" He asks, confused. "Well, I kind of just got my period, so.." I trail off, as his eyes go wide and he jumps up.

"Oh, uh, well, I'll go then if that's what you need. I'll see you tomorrow, feel better soon!" He says, as he runs out of the room. I open the door, and just stare at the spot where he had been sitting. Well, that worked better than I thought. I go to the closet and pick out a black sports bra and short black bike shorts, pairing it with some black sneakers and socks, as I quickly straighten my hair and put it into a ponytail.

Remembering that the poster said masks were mandatory, I look through my closet until I find a black bandana. I guess we're going for a ninja look today, then. I close my door, and grab one of the million pillows on top of my bed and stuff them under the covers, pushing them around until they look like a sleeping person.

I take one look around, making sure it looks okay, before quickly running into the closet, grabbing a bra, and throwing it onto the bed. There, now they won't pry. I pick up a book and my phone and wallet, which was just filled with a couple cards and a crystal, and put my phone and wallet in my pocket and hold the book under my chin, and walk over to the window, as I open it and climb through, stopping to sit on the ledge.

I take the book from under my chin as I sit it under the window, leaving just enough space underneath for me to stick my hand under and push the window up to climb back in. I hold both hands on the pipe, as I slowly slide down. If all else fails, we'd be a damn good stripper.

Once I finally land on the ground, I look around, making sure no one else could see me, before I ran to the tree, its branches falling over each side of the wall. I grabbed onto the lowest one, making sure it wouldn't snap, and swung myself up until I was sitting on it.

I stood up, walking to the branches on the other side, and leaned down and used the branches to help climb down. When I was low enough that it wouldn't hurt if I fell, I dropped onto the grass. Fourth rule broken.

Double checking no one else was there, I ran through the trees, until I reached a familiar bush. I push the bushes apart, as I look at my motorcycle. I push it out of the bushes, making sure I had a clear path, before I put on the helmet and sat on the bike, revving the engine, before I drove to the tournament.

I drive past the streets filled with hustling people and partygoers, drinks in hand walking around with large groups of friends, looking like they're having the time of their lives. I admire the city around me; tall, architectural buildings with white stone and brick buildings, with plants and flowers cascading down the sides of the buildings and through the cracks in the cobblestone paths and streets.