1.3 | Edward's Return

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

Over the next week, Ellory had spent time watching over Bella per Edward's request and keeping the peace within her family who were still bickering about Edward's intentions with Isabella Swan. Bella had become good friends with Angela, Jessica, Mike, Eric, and Tyler since she first began at the school and Ellory knew instantly that it was something Bella hadn't expected but silently welcomed. However, today, Ellory had gotten up to a surprise that was Edward's return to Forks. She had hugged him with a wide smile while he chuckled, the young Vampire wasn't good with being separated from her siblings after spending forty years with them.

Ellory decided to join Edward in his Volvo, the two got to school with their siblings following them. Edward spent the drive updating Ellory with everything that the Denali Coven wished for him to pass on including Kate's stern words about how the young Vampire needed to visit them soon. She knew she was long overdue for a visit to their cousins, she would have to plan a time to go see them soon. "And Bella?" Ellory asked her brother softly, she noticed the way his posture slacked before looking at her. "I'm going to talk to her," Edward said with sheepish expression. "You got this!" Ellory assured him.

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

Ellory sat behind Edward in class, she had her textbook open in front of her as Mr Molina prepped for the class. Bella walked into the room with Eric talking to her but the brunette's attention was caught by Edward's presence rather than Eric or Mike. Ellory couldn't help but notice the way Bella seemed taken by Edward, it was something she had witnessed in mates which only fortified the belief that they were destined to be together despite Rosalie's worries. Bella sat down in her assigned seat, glancing back at Ellory who sent her a small smile of reassurance before the blonde focused on her textbook.

"Hello. I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to intoduce myself last week. I'm Edward Cullen," Edward greeted Bella who was surprised that he had so casually started a converstion. "You're Bella," Edward stated though it sounded more like a question. "Um... yes," Bella replied to him, Ellory huffed a laugh to herself knowing that Bella wanted to confront Edward for his behaviour the last they sat together. "Onion root tip cells! That's what's on your slides right now, okay? So, separate and label them into phases of mitosis," Mr Molina instructed the class, "And the first partners to get it right are gonna win... the golden onion."

Ellory noticed how her partner seemed to be annoyed so she simply looked herself and wrote the answers in their view, this wasn't her first time learning about this topic. "Ladies first," Edward offered as he pushed the microscope towards Bella. "You were gone," Bella pointed out to him. "Yeah, um, I was out of town for a couple of days, personal reasons," Edward responded to her while Ellory took notice of how awkward it was between them. "Uh, Prophase," Bella said after looking through the microscope. "Do you mind if I uh, look?" Edward asked motioning to the microscope, Bella shook her head. "It's prophase," Edward confirmed.