1.9 | Family Outcast

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

Ellory sat on the cliff with a sketchbook in her lap, the waves below her crashed against the rocky mountainside as she stared blankly at the white page staring back at her. She had been glad to hear that Bella was okay but she couldn't bring herself to return back home, she decided to stay hidden in the woods until she knew for certain that she wouldn't harm anyone. Ellory closed her eyes, gasping at she saw the same terrified look in her brothers eyes causing her eyes to shoot open. She had never seen that look in Edward's eyes before, the genuine fear in his eyes made her fear herself.

Light steps gained her attention, she turned her gaze to see a young girl standing in the evening breeze. "So stupid... over protective, annoying brothers," She rambled passionately before groaning out in irritation, turning her head to lock eyes with Ellory. "You okay?" Ellory asked her. "Just dealing with my brothers..." The girl replied with a sigh, she rolled her head back. "I wanted to go on a run by myself but they still treat me like some fragile twelve-year-old when I'm almost seventeen now!" She exclaimed with a growl.

"Shifter?" Ellory asked, she picked up on the wet dog smell. The girl turned to her and narrowed her gaze before tilting her head, "How'd you know?" Ellory smiled, "New pup, I'd assume. Never encountered a Cold One, have you?" The shifter narrowed her eyes at that, "You look and smell human." Ellory nodded, "Part of my gift. I can mimic humans if I wish. This is what I would look like if I was mortal." The shifter hummed in understanding before chewing on her bottom lip, "The elders say the Cullens are tolerant but... my brothers warn me to stay away from them." Ellory shrugged, "I mean no harm to Shifters. I think they're beautiful."

"Well... there's only two female shifters..." The girl replied with a frown. "That makes you special, you know. Female shifters are natural born leaders, strongest in the pack due to their rarity... at least that was what my uncle Peter always told me," Ellory informed the female shifter who perked up at that. "Yeah, they are," The girl replied with a grin on her face before she moved closer to the Ellory. "The name's Nicola Lahote, but I prefer Nik," Nicola introduced with a smile. "I'm Ellory Cullen, it's a pleasure to meet you, Nik," Ellory introduced back. "You mentioned a gift," Nicola spoke before noticing Ellory's expression, "It's just, I've heard about gifted Cold Ones before."

Ellory smiled slightly, "You can use the term vampire, Cold One makes it sound menacing." Nicola laughed at that before nodding, "Wolf works for me." Ellory nodded before sighing, "Some Vampires are either blessed or cursed with gifts after transitioning. It's based off of the person and their traits most of the time." Nicola leaned in closer to listen, she was fascinated by this. "And for others, it's their trauma that mold their abilities," Ellory added with a frown. "For example, my brother Jasper is an empath. He can project and manipulate emotions to ease someone or he can weaponise it to create fear or rage," Ellory explained to Nicola.

"But there are some like the Volturi Kings, Witch Twins whose powers were created by the trauma they suffered in their human lives," Ellory continued, she remembered the stories that Carlisle told her about the twins; the pain they suffered in their mortal lives. "And your gift?" Nicola asked in curiosity and awe. "The best way to describe it is that I'm a mimic. I can use the gifts of others to an extent and time limit or I can alter my own features to appear human, dead or even change my features enough to hide in plain sight," Ellory informed her with a shrug, "But it comes with its bad side such as higher risk of frenzy."