2.1 | Story Of Athaca

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

"What's a Soulmate?" Ten-year-old Ellory Hope asked her mother as she tucked her daughter into her bed. "A soulmate is your best friend," Elizabeth answered her daughter, a fond smile on her face. "Just a best friend?" Ellory asked further making Elizabeth laugh softly. "Okay... A long, long time ago, a woman named Athaca was vain, she loved herself more than the world. She believed herself to be more precious than all the jewels and gold in the world. But isn't wasn't a sweet love of confidence to be a better version of herself but a hungry type of love believing she was perfect and the world was not," Elizabeth told her daughter, combing through her hair.

"And so, Aphrodite and Persephone -- an unlucky duo -- decided that the woman was too vain to love herself and not the world," Elizabeth used Ellory's dolls to tell the story, "They then split the woman in two with a bolt of Zeus' lightning. Her soul went from one to two." Ellory's eyes were wide in wonder as she listened to her mother's story, "And then they sent them apart. And when Athaca asked the Goddesses why they did such a thing, Aphrodite told her; You must love the world before you love yourself. And Persephone said; You must then love who you are without another. And together the goddesses said; Then you shall love your other half split from you."

Ellory was confused, "But she did love herself?! That's why they did it?!" Elizabeth laughed at her daughter's response, "Your grandfather used to say the same thing to your grandmother when she told me the story. So my grandfather made one of his own." Ellory grinned, "I get two stories tonight?!" Elizabeth nodded before getting cozy with her daughter in her lap, she smiled fondly. "Athaca was alone in the world, she had no one to call her own and every night, she looked to the evening star and made a single wish; I wish to fall in love, just once. He doesn't need to be perfect, the flaws make him a constellation. But I'd want him to be just right," Elizabeth spoke whimsically.

"Aphrodite, Persephone and Apollo admired the young woman and the three unlikely deities agreed to help the woman," Elizabeth smiled down at her daughter, "And so, Aphrodite took her beauty and split it in half. Persephone split her passion and split it in half, and Apollo split her spirit in half. And under the bright full moon during the time of Yule, they split half of her soul using a bolt of Zeus' lightning; from the seas of Poseidon, they formed the body of water; from Hades' eternal flame, they formed a spark of life and then, they asked the fates for a thin golden string," Elizabeth looked out the window at the starry night sky, "And then they asked Hecate to combine it all and finally, Hermes formed the final part; a mark on his new soul."

"Then what happened?" Ellory asked. "The Gods and Goddesses sent their new creation to the world below, he stumbled and fumbled like a baby deer until they saw each other. And with a single look, they knew they were half of the other. They got married, had kids and then grew old," Elizabeth grinned at the happy look in her daughter's eyes as she finished off, "And Athaca thanked the deities who blessed her every day, they gave her a love that conquered all; a Soulmate." Ellory gasped, giggling in joy, "Is that why we thank the stars, mama? We are that bloodline, aren't we?" Elizabeth grinned, "We all are. Everyone has a Soulmate, my dear. But yes, we thank them for that reason."