2.7 | To Italy

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

The flight to Italy was a tense one for the Cullen sisters and Bella who was more anxious than she was normally. Ellory had told Sorrento via text about what was happening and he had told her that he and the Highmore siblings would be waiting for her return to Forks. The twelve hours of flight was not enough to calm any of them, Alice focusing her gift on watching Edwards decisions; he had made it to Volterra before them. But when they landed, they were quick to get out of the airport and into Sorrento's car that he had organised for them knowing they would be too panicked to think ahead.

Alice was driving well above the speed limit through the roads of Italy, Bella was in the front seat chewing on her bottom lip while Ellory wrapped a scarf around her head as she was too panicked to focus her gifts to hide her vampire presence. "I'm guessing you didn't rent this car?" Bella asked Alice in reference to Alice's driving. "It's one of Sorrento's, he requested we don't wreck it but he understands if we do," Ellory replied to Bella hoping to distract their minds for a moment. "What? What are you seeing?" Bella asked noticing Alice's state, Ellory gasped and leaned back in her seat as the vision hit her.

Edward walked into the throne room where the three Volturi kings sat. "So, you made yp your mind?" Edward asked, his pale tone was lighter and he looked completely destroyed; almost as though he hadn't fed. "I'm afraid your particular gifts..." Aro began with a fake sympathetic smile, "...Are too valubale to destroy. But if you're unhappy with your lot, join us." Edward tensed at the offer. "We would be delighted to utilise your skills. Won't you consider staying with us?" Aro asked politely. "You knoe what will happen anyway," Edward replied to the top king. "Not without cause," Marcus reminded Edward who walked out. "Such a waste," Aro breathed out.

"They refused him," Ellory spoke up in a panic, she tightened the scarf and began bouncing her leg as anxiety coursed through her body. "So?" Bella asked Alice not wanting to upset Ellory further. "He's gonna make a scene. Show himself to the humans," Alice explained to Bella who became more panicked. "No! When!?" Bella pressed further. "He's g-gonna wait t-till noon, when the sun's at it's h-highest," Ellory answered her, she was doing her best to keep herself as calm as possible knowing that a panic attack would be useless right now.

"Alice, you gotta hurry up!" Bella encouraged through her panic, Alice listened to her words and pressed her foot down harder on the accelerator. "There's Volterra," Alice informed Bella. People dressed in red cloaks flooded the road and paths, Bella looked around in confusion while Ellory sighed knowing what it was all about and finding it ironic. "Why are they all in red?" Bella asked unaware of the festival happening in Volterra. "San Marcos Day festival," Alice answered her, "They're commemorating the explusion of the Vampires from the city. It's the perfect setting."

Ellory shook her head at the irony of the festival before she spoke, "The Volturi will never let him get far enough to reveal himself." Bella's heart was pounding in her chest as the car slowed to a stop due to the crowds, "Alice!?" Ellory leaned forward, "He'll see us coming, Bella! You gotta go, now! Under the clock tower!" Bella nodded and got out, she rushed away while Alice turned to drive through and alley. "Breathe, Elly. You need to focus on something else," Alice calmly told Ellory, the scent of blood flowing through Ellory's senses. She listened to Alice and took steady breaths as Alice finally found a park, they got out and made their way through the crowds towards the Kings Castle.