Chapter 8

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖔: 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝕴𝖘 𝕰𝖒𝖇𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖆𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖞 𝕺𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖆 𝕽𝖔𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖔

***

An old man with a long grayish beard, began to meddle my vision and after a few seconds, his words reverberated within my ears, enough to face my appearance in his mirror.

His eyebrows that were aligned earlier began to knit as he almost closed the gap between our faces, his shadow loomed over my figure, and my eyes which could never narrow on gray beards, began to do so, only to hear the old man's mouth full of soft chuckles' escapade.

Time moved slowly, but to my eyes, his shadow that was displayed by the golden orb, moved from the other side and I don't know how much he would take, but every breath I took became calculated by his sight.

Until I saw his expensive-looking shoes, echoed backward, and his cloaked nightly colliding collective mists gathered behind him, a grayish figure that could never leave an old man like him.

His arms which appeared like leather moved under his soft and yet full of scars under his face, his façade that seemed to speculate something within my appearance, made its way to looking me from head to toe, and finally, a collective exhale of breaths began to escape his mouth.

This time, it seemed that the old man's wondrous and yet full of experience soul wasn't directed to me now, but to the young man who brought me here, the young man who was now playing with the children while the cheap-looking brown bags were on the stairs of a small house in front of us.

The children's soft chuckles fusing with Vaxius reminded me of the old days when I was the same as them, where I and Klein were still oblivious of the world beyond our years, as our mind was only for that present moment.

And yet, where did all the things change?

"But I guess, this time, I could finally say that he picked the right woman for him," the old man's expensive shoes echoed within the little spikes of the ground that give life to the world.

With the soft caresses, it might have been making on my coat, it made an echoing sound when the old man moved to my side, and his grayish silhouette followed, aligning with mine.

Through my soft nostalgic reverie, I could hear again the soft chuckles from the rustling of the leaves, but the only difference was it came from the old man beside me.

His low and yet, soft as a linen's laughter came descending on my ears like pleasant lilies blooming through the sunny weather when it was in a winter season.

"I don't know what you mean, Sir, but I think that it might be vague to my understanding, knowing that I couldn't afford to like someone I know little about..."

Again, with his laughter like the sunny skies bathed in mesmerizing bubbles of the summery feels when it was supposed to be winter for the coming season.

"Well, do you perhaps, know what is love, young lady?" The old man asked, this time, when my terrified and yet confused eyes looked at the person, he wasn't gazing at the scenery anymore.

His vision focused on mine, with an unreadable emotion that I could defer from his appearance.

Aside from his gray beard, I saw that he was wearing an ordinary suit without any seal from noble households, that's why I thought earlier that he was an old inhabitant of this small village, the Sellion village.

However, it seemed that there was more than what meets the eye, since having to stare at him long enough, I could see that his other hand had been holding a stick, a wooden and yet antique stick that couldn't come up with any price if it was from the market.