three

I took out a patili and started filling---- it with water. I put it on the stove and took out the tea powder. I took out all the tea cups and filled them with milk and accordingly sugar.

"What are you doing?" Zaroon asked while I was still standing by the stove.

I quickly turned around and met Zaroon's eyes.

He was close, really really close.

I gasp and tried to grab the counter but accidentally grabbed the stove. I squealed and look at my hand as tears formed in my eyes.

"Ouch. Ouch" I said blowing air on my hand and tears falling.

"Uff, Jannat!" Zaroon said grabbing my wrist. "Are you blind?!" He exclaimed

A sob left my throat as I kept looking down at my hand and feeling a burning sensation.

Zaroon sat me down on the table that was in the kitchen and kneeled down in front of me.

"Zaroon!" I yelled as he bought up his hand to touch it.

"What am I supposed to do?" He yelled asked while I hissed in pain. He turned the faucet to cold water and ran my hand under it.

"Zaroon it's hurting badly" I said as tears kept running down. He bought his thumb up to wipe them and then we heard a sound coming from the stove.

I looked up and Zaroon turned to look at it and saw the tea running down the tea pot.

He turned the stove off and yelled "Amma!" and kneeled back down infront of me and I held his shoulder and tightening my grip whenever I felt pain but it was slowly leaving.

"Kya hogaya?" Tavleen aunty asked, coming in the kitchen. She saw me and Zaroon and then looked at my hand.
(What happened)

"Arey, yeh kya huwa!?" She said, grabbing my wrist.
(What happend here?)

"Haath Jal gaya, amma aur kya howa hoga?" Zaroon asked, in a 'duh' tone.
(Her hand got burned. What else will happen?)

"Chup karo." she said and grabbed my arm.
(you shut your mouth)

"Zada dard horahi hai?" She asked, softly, and I nodded.
(Is it hurting too much?)

"Acha tum rona toh band karo. Tumhe rota dekhti hoon toh bohut dukhi hojati hoon ke meri beti roh rahi hai." she said making me smile but then hiss at the pain.
(Ok stop crying now. Whenever I see you cry I am sad too that my daughter is crying.)

"Mai jab rota hoon tab toh aap has rahi hoti hain." Zaroon said.
(When I cry you laugh at me.)

"Tum rote kab ho?" She asked and Zaroon shrugged.
(When do you ever cry?)

She took me to the living room with Zaroon following behind.

"Arey yeh kya huwa?" Dadi jaan asked as Tavleen aunty sat me down and told Zaroon to get the first aid box.
(What happened)

"Bechari ka haat jal gaya." She answered as my mom came towards me.
(Poor girl got her hand burned)

"Issi ki galti hogi. Bolo kya huwa?" she scolded me and I looked at her with tears in my eyes.
(It's definitely her fault. Tell what happened?)

"Ammi, aap ko toh har cheez mai meri ghaltiyan nazar aati hain." I said.
(Ammi, you see my mistakes in everything.)

"Arey Ayesha kyun bechari ho daant rahi ho? wese hi chot lagi huwi hai" Bi jaan said as Tavleen aunty applied medicine on my hand and then wrapped a cloth around it.
(Ayesha, why are you yelling at her? She's already hurt)

"Zaroon beta, shaabash zara Jannat ko uske kamre mai chor ke aajao" Tavleen aunty said.
(Zaroon Son, Drop Jannat at her room)

"Kyun? Iska haath jala hai, paon nahi." He said.
(Why? Her hand is burned not her foot.)

"Zaroon." Tavleen aunty warned.

He rolled his eyes and I stood up. He wrapped his arm around my waist and help my wrist and kept it slightly in the air.

"You should be more careful. Look at what you did." Zaroon said, looking at me.

"What I did? You shouldn't have scared me like that." I said.

"Oh please, Don't act like you didn't liked the feeling of me pressing up your behind" Zaroon said bringing his face closer.

"Besharam!" I exclaimed and backed away and I removed his hand from my back.

"Kya kar rahi ho?" He asked as I used my unbruised hand to grab the railing.
(What are you doing?)

"Kudhi chali jao gi mai" I answered, annoyed and walked away to my room.
(I will go by myself)