nine

I wore my college uniform for last time---- I grabbed my bag, putting my book and pencil case in it. This time Zaroon decided to drop me to college in his arm.

His arm didn't leave my thigh as I revised the topics and he drove the car.

"Allah hafiz." I said, as we reached and he said the same. I kissed his cheek before leaving the car.

I walked inside the college gate, my eyes on my book.

━━━━━━━

"Chand nazar aaya?" Shehryar asked.
(Was the moon seen?)

"Mai nazar nahi aarahi tumhe?" I asked.
(You can't see me?)

"Bohut lame tha." He said, looking at me.
(That was very lame.)

"Lame toh tab hota jab maine koi joke bola hota." I said and smiled widely.
(It would've been lame if I had said a joke.)

"Acha bas karo tum dono." Falak said.
(Okay, stop it you two.)

"Woh raha." Zaroon pointed at the sky.
(There it is.)

"Kidher hai? Mujhe kyun nah- oh nevermind." I said, and joined my hands together, making a dua.
(Where it is? Why can't I-)

"Allah Tallah, bas in dino mai sirf khushiyan aur sukoon bhejiye ga." I said in my heart and then ran my hands over my face.

As the other three still made their dua, I ran downstairs yelling "Chand nazar aagaya! Kal eid hai!"

"Aye mere Allah, meri Jannat ko hamesha mere pass rakhna. Usse kabhi bhi meri nazron ke samne se mat hatana. Ameen."

━━━━━━━

There was a girl at home who came to do my mehendi and Zaroon had specifically asked her to hide his name in my mehendi.

After she was done and left. I walked around the house, telling the decorators on how to decorate the house for my mayon. I wanted everything perfect!

"Jannat, aao bheto." My mom ordered and I sat down on the sofa beside her as she feed me food with her hand.
(Jannat, come sit.)

Does food always taste better from mom's hands?

"Khush toh ho na?" She asked me, pushing my hair back.
(Are you happy?)

"Hoon. Bohut." I smiled as I looked at her.
(I am. Alot.)

After a few hours I washed up the mehendi and it was a beautiful dark maroon colour. The girl's hands held art with the design she did. I only kept my mehendi till my mid arm.

I was walking up to my room when I was pulled in Zaroon's room by him.

"Salam, meri jaan" he said kissing my cheeks.
(Greetings, my love)

"Walaikum asslam." I said, blushing as I closed my eyes.

"Kesi hai meri dulhan" he kissed on my jawline.
(How is my bride?)

"Good" I replied throwing my head back a little.

"Mehendi lagane wali ne mera kaam kiya?" He asked and I nodded. He pulled away, grabbing my arms.
(Did the henna girl did my work?)

He stroked my arms trying to find his arms when he suddenly stopped.

"Found it" he whispered in his deep voice.

He started kissing it as I gasp. He kissed above my arms to my shoulders, to my collarbone, to my neck and cheeks. His kisses were soft and slow as if taking his time to make his lips used to me.

He stopped before my lips.

He looked at me asking for consent. I closed my eyes waiting for the feeling of his lips on mine.

I felt his nose touch mine and before he can move forward someone knocked on the door.

I gasped and Zaroon pulled away. He quickly covered my mouth with his hand.

"Zaroon, beta kider ho tum?" Tavleen aunty said.
(Zaroon, where are you?)

"Ammi, mai kamre main hi hoon aur woh mai kuch kaam karaha hoon aata hoon bahar!" he yelled.
(Mom, I am in my room and I am doing some work right I will come out!)

"Acha jaldi se aajao aur woh Jannat ko bola dena. Ammi chai pe bola rahi haan." She said.
(Ok come fast and bring Jannat. Mom has called us for tea)

"Acha, ammi." Zaroon said and she walked away.
(Ok mom)

We stayed silent for a while before we burst into laughing. Our foreheads pressing against each other.

-

We were in dadi jaan's room, drinking chai.

"Acha bhai. Zaroon aur Jannat ka mayo kal hai. Phir Shaadi uske baad hai aur phir walima eid ke baad hai. Walima ke din Falak aur Shehryar ka nikaah hai." Dadi jaan said and everyone nodded.
(Ok Zaroon and Jannat mayon is tomorrow. Then wedding and then reception is after eid. On the reception day is Falak and Shehryar Nikkah)

"Aur kal mayo ke din mujhe Zaroon aur Jannat sath nazar na ai" dadi jaan said as we both stopped sipping the tea and looked at her.
(And tomorrow on the mayon day Zaroon and Jannat should not be together)

"Lekin dadi jaan-" Zaroon started by got cut off by dadi jaan.
(But grandma-)

"Lekin wekin kuch nahi" dadi jaan said.
(No buts)

I looked at Zaroon, who looked at me and I smirked mischievously.

"Falak jao aur Jannat ko uske kamre mai leke jao aur usko kapre dekho kal pehne ke liye." Dadi jaan said and Falak stood up taking my hand and dragging me to my room.
(Falak take Jannat in her room and show her the clothes)

She showed me some clothes and told me to choose. I chose this beautiful yellow dress. Falak left the room and I went to bed because I was so tired.