twenty one

I was removing my jewellery---- when Zaroon entered our bedroom. I could feel the room atmosphere change to a melancholy one.

I looked at my wrists, removing my churiyan. He unbuttoned his white kurta and removed it, leaving him shirtless.

"Main pehle bata deti lekin sab busy the aur mai nahi chahti thi keh sab ka mood off hojai." I said, my voice low.
(I could've told earlier but everyone was busy. And I didn't wanted to make everyone's mood off.)

He looked at me, acknowledging my words before he looked away, removing his shoes.

I removed my necklace and then walked to him, sitting beside him but I didn't look at him.

Neither did he.

"Will you ever come back?" I immediately looked at him at his question.

"Of course, har holiday par aaongi." I whispered.
(I will be back for every holiday.)

He nodded, looking at the floor. I took the moment to look at him and his torso. His muscles were tensed and veins visible on his arms and hands. He was a muscular guy, not too much and not too less.

Just perfect.

I rested my hand on his arm and the other on his stomach, trailing my hand to his chest and to his neck. I turned his face to me and I kissed him, gently and slowly. Savouring the moment and the kiss.

He kissed back with the same softness. His hands going to my waist. Our room dark with only the moonlight coming in through the windows.

The atmosphere filled with melancholy yet calmness.

"Take a shower with me?" I asked, my voice low and I was breathless as I pulled away a little. He opened his eyes and nodded, a soft smile on his lips.

He helped me remove my clothes before picking me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist as he took us to the bathroom.

━━━━━━━

My alarm rang around 2 am and I woke up, almost immediately. I quickly yurned it off to bot wake Zaroon up. He shifted in the bed before going limp again in his sleep.

I got out of bed and going to the bathroom. My hair still wet from a few hours ago. I brushed my teeth and then blow dryed my hair after putting on heat protectant.

I had a stomachache and I knew I was nervous. Everyone would've been. Going to a unknown region, filled with people who have a different language, culture, and land than yours.

I wore a baggy tracksuit and then wore my sneakers. I kept stuff in my bag which I hadn't before as they were for everyday use.

Just then I got a message from Taya jaan telling me to come downstairs to leave since it will take half an hour to get to the airport.

I kneeled down on the floor next to Zaroon just looking at his peaceful and so beautiful face.

"meri jaan. meri zindagi" I whispered and then kissed his forehead, cheeks, nose and then a long peck on his lips.

The sleeping frown disappeared from his face and he became calm. I smiled and stood up.

I grabbed my suitcase and backpack and went downstairs. I hugged dadi jaan, my mom, and Tayi jaan.

"Zaroon ko nahi uthaya?" Dadi jaan asked.
(You didn't wake Zaroon up?)

"Nahi, utha deti toh phir jaane ka dil nahi karta." I said, sadly.
(No, if I woke him up then I couldn't have left.)

He had told me to wake him up but I couldn't.

"Allah Hafiz, beta" They all said, kissing my forehead.

Papa and Taya jaan decided that they will leave me at the airport. I sat down in the backseat.

"Pareshaan nahi hona hai. Jannat Nirsa ho tum. Aur Nirsas kabhi darte nahi hain. Agar dosre hisse mai ja rahi woh bhi duniya keh ho toh kya howa? Tumne bas darna nahi hai." Taya abbu said, trying to get me motivated.
(You shouldn't be worried. You are Jannat Nirsa. And Nirsas never get scared. If you're going to another part of the world so what? You should not be scared.)

I smiled and nodded, feeling slightly calm.

We reached the airport and Taya abbu took my suitcase out from the trunk as I talked to my dad.

"Allah hafiz, abbu" I said, kissing his cheek and hugging him. He kissed my forehead and then I moved to Taya jaan.

"Allah hafiz, Taya jaan" I hugged him and he put his hand on my head as blessing and then kissed it.

I waved them goodbye and went inside the airport. After I went inside my father had immediately broke down, crying and Taya jaan hugged him.