Preface

Hello, And welcome to my first ever collection of poetry!

My name is Sasha. I am an artist and poet.

The written word has always been a huge part of my life, shaping my mindset and healing me from the inside out.

Whether it's finding comfort in music and the lyrics of a song, or just hearing a poetic one liner that sums up how I'm feeling; words are powerful. They have the power to influence your mood and to create a space of comfort when you feel like you have nowhere else to go.

Poetry is everywhere and in everything.

It's in the coffee you drink every morning, it's in your makeup routine. It's in that horrible breakup or that trauma you experienced, and it's definitely in that first real true love.

Poetry is in the small interactions of strangers and in the omens left by the universe only for us to find.

When you start noticing the poetry that makes up our world, you can then start to heal and express gratitude for everything— even the bad experiences.

This collection of poetry has taken me years to write. It's from many stages of my life. I've changed and grown so much over the years and this collection is proof.

I hope this book finds you just as much healing as it did for me, and I hope it makes you see things a little differently than when you started it.

Love,

S.L.W.

𝘝𝘰𝘵𝘦 • 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 • 𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘦