𝐢𝐱. 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭

_________________

_________________

With full bellies and an airy ambiance of laughter, the trio decided to split ways for the rest of the evening. Geon-woo and Woo-jin decided to pay Mr Moon a visit to see if he could get in touch with Mr Choi to schedule a date and time for Geon-woo to plead his case, while Nari came to the realisation that maybe she should pay Ms Yoon a long-awaited check in.

So as the day ticked by and the sky dulled to a muted orange with specks of yellow over the horizon, Nari found herself before the café.

The initial pang speared through her chest at the sight of the sickly yellow caution tape criss crossed across the windows. The tables were still sprawled out carelessly and remnants of glass shimmered under the evening waves. It looked lifeless.

Nari lifted the caution tape, sliding her body beneath it while glass shards crunched from under her boots. She paused, her fingers dropping the tape as shuffling grew louder until the smaller woman, a bag and broom in hand, emerged from the door. Startled, Ms Yoon dropped the broom when she saw an unexpected figure, shuffling nervously at the entrance.

"Nari "Ms Yoon sighed in relief as the woman sent her a sheepish grin, guilt swelling in her belly at how fatigued and sad the older woman looked. "Dear, you startled me"

"Sorry for dropping in unannounced Ms Yoon" Nari apologised as she took careful steps towards her, gently picking up the broom in her fidgety fingers.

"Nari" Ms Yoon said, closing the gap between them as she placed her delicate hands over Nari's, her eyes brimming with unshed tears. " I'm so sorry about everything. Geon-woo told me you left the hospital, I wanted to check if you were alright. I've been so worried. Are you okay my dear, nothing broken. Let me see" Ms Yoon rushed, a panic hitch in her voice as she gently titled Nari's face to gauge for any injuries.

Nari gently cupped her hands, lowering from her face but keeping it encased in her grip. "I'm okay Ms Yoon. I promise" she consoled as Ms Yoon looked relucent but nodded softly. " I'm sorry about your café" she said as Ms Yoon looked forlorn at her precious store. All of Geon-woo's hard work, all their efforts to make her dream a reality. But Ms Yon was grateful that it was only the store that was destroyed and her children were still alive and breathing.