1. The Man of Her dreams

Author POV

Devgarh was gleaming like the Moon itself. Finally, it was the day, when the 'pride of Devgarh' was going to get a glimpse of her would be husband. Princess Chandralekha, the eldest daughter of Maharaj Vishwaroop was regarded as the 'Pride of Devgarh'. Her charm was unbeatable. Unlike a normal Royal born, she was quite connected to the commoners of Devgarh.

She loved to interact with them and know their judgements, while keeping her identity hidden. The head commander of Devgarh, Raghav, was her aid in this work. He was an expert when it came to giving new appearances to the Princess so that she could collect 'real' opinions from the people of her kingdom.

That was the time when Raghav had started falling for the Princess. It took him two years to confess his feelings, and as expected, she rejected him. This incident created a ridge between them, separating them, but the little Princess, Rajkumari Rooplekha, had always been closer to Raghav, as his sister.

She was secretly learning fencing from him, and like a perfect brother, he was making her a strong and independent woman. She was the 'baby Roop' for both Chandralekha and Raghav.

Amidst the disarray in the palace, as all the servants were busy doing their respective works, a petite figure ran towards the chamber of Rajkumari Chandralekha.

With a grin plastered on her face, her small steps kept running, forgetting to breathe properly, she finally reached the entrance of the chamber.

Chandralekha POV

"Rajkumari, wo nikal gaye hai Vijaygarh se"

"Princess, he has departed from Vijaygarh"

As soon as my attendee, who was also my best friend, Sukanya said this, I lifted my brows, with my lips parted a little, in elation.

"Satya!?"

"True!?"

This word escaped my mouth as a whisper, and the speed of the attendees, who were placing jewellery on me, hastened extemporaneously.

"Haan haan Satya! Aur sab unke swagat ki taiyari bhi kar rahe hai"

"Yes, yes, it's true and everyone is making arrangements for their welcoming ceremony"

Her breath was hindering her words as she had come here running wildly just to inform this to me. I felt my heartbeats getting faster. My chest started doing up and down, breath hitching in between. I have been waiting for this day since this alliance was fixed. His father, Maharaj Uday, was the one who had initiated this conversation with my father. He wanted me to get married to his eldest son, Prince Yuddhjeet. Pardon me, he is not a Prince anymore, he is the King now. The man of my dreams - MAHARAJ YUDDHJEET SURYAVANSHI! Since I have come to know about love and desires, he was the only one ruling my mind and heart. I wanted to live all the beautiful moments of my life with him. Lifting my timid gaze up, I glanced at myself in the mirror. Will he like me? Am I looking presentable? Ah! I licked on my lips and gulped as these thoughts were killing me from inside.

TODAY was the day, finally. I haven't seen him yet, but my little excited heart knows that he would be caring and loving towards me. I had somehow managed to receive a portrait of him and that was the only source of my expectations, loving thoughts and an unnecessary smile on my face. I was excited and nervous, equally. Biting my lips, I saw Sukanya coming closer to me and picking up my favourite moonstone pendant. She settled it perfectly on my neck, pecked my forehead and muttered in her sweet voice.

"Perfect!"

I was almost ready to leave the chamber when I heard my father's voice at the entrance of dressing area.