Arc 1, Chapter 15: Quiet Morning.

A world once protected all

Crashed down to that of dust

Only when the world is to fall

The boy will rise through hope and trust.

With a heart now pure after sorrow and despair

He will rise up and rule all with care

I place my trust in him when the world is at its end

Because he selflessly cares for all despite if it's foe or friend.

Hear my plea as I pass my power onto you

And forgive my selfish acts as my life ends,

And I pass this burden onto you.

I'm sorry.

———

Balloon softly snored and curled up more in the blanket he was lying in. The object in his arms hugged close to his chest as dry tears rested in his eye lids. His wings laid on them both like a warm blanket. He occasionally nuzzled closer to the other boy. He could feel the warmth of his breath, it was comforting.

Soon light crept through the window, and poured into his face. His wing adjusted as he shifted away from the light. His wing now shielding him from the light. He wasn't ready to wake up yet. But his eyes crept open despite his attempts to return to sleep.

He looked groggily at his surroundings, and then down at the boy who was laying in his arms. He smiled slightly, and wiped the dry tears from Nickel's eyes. Something about him made his cheeks feel hot. He didn't understand the feeling. But the way he was being so gentle with him now, made his heart melt. The anxiety he got around Nickel before completely disappeared. After all, it's kind of hard to hate someone who saved your life. Twice.

He didn't understand this feeling he was getting. So he shrugged it off and hugged the other boy closer. He felt him softly shift in his grasp, and he uses his legs to cling onto him and pressed up against Balloon not wanting to let go.

He felt the warmth... The body heat of Balloon, it made him forget about his problems. About the past... His eyes opened slightly.

Balloon saw this and wrapped his arms around him pulling the other boy closer to his 'chest' area. "Good morning..." he said in a quiet voice.

Nickel was silent for a moment. "Good morning..." he answered softly with a smile.

Balloon giggled quietly and continued to stay snuggled up to Nickel.

Nickel closed his eyes before opening his mouth to speak. "Are you feeling better?" His tone was very gentle, and he still sounded pretty tired, which was reasonable. It was probably really early.

"Yeah... A lot better." Balloon's voice was filled with relief. "Especially since you're here. Thank you."

Nickel smiled and and opened his eyes once again. And then letting them fall on Balloon's eyes. His gave was kind, the emerald green colour was beautiful. It's as if he actually had gems for eyes. Nickel admired them for a few moments. He thought about how he wished he had a consistent eye colour that was as pretty as his. He always felt self conscious about his eyes. They were blue and grey, and he always thought it made him a freak, or different.