forty two

Jannat's POV:

━━━━━━━

Zarina had learnt to say her first words. She had recently learnt to say words like "mama" , "papa" , "dada" , "dadi".

It happened suddenly. Me and Zaroon were talking while she was in her crib when we heard her say her first word, which was obviously "mama".

We all know who her favourite parent is.

So now Zarina wakes us up at 3 am only to talk baby language. I was awake and had bought her to my bed as she laid on her stomach and talked in baby language, calling Zaroon to wake him up.

"Papa. Papa. Paapaa." She said, I was recording her and she wiggled her legs and arms around. I chuckled and waited for Zaroon to wake up.

He turned to his side, facing us and then he slowly woke up. "Papaaa." Zarina said, her fingers now on his cheek. He softly whined wanting to sleep because he came left from his office.

Nonetheless, he laid on his back and leaned against the headrest as he picked Zarina up with ease and sat her down on his stomach.

I stopped recording and laid comfortably, watching them both as Zarina rested her head on his chest. I laid closer and hugged his arm.

━━━━━━━

5 YEARS LATER.

━━━━━━━

It was the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr. I was wearing a red saree that Zaroon gifted me to wear today.

I had been so busy with preparations, with Zarina, and with submitting my designs to companies that I couldn't give Zaroon any time.

"Mama, dekhein." I turned around and looked down at Zarina who was showing me her drawing.
(Mom, look.)

"Oh wow! Itni pyaari drawing hai." I said and bent down, pulling her close.
(Such a pretty drawing.)

"Sachi?" She asked, hopeful.
(Really?)

"Sachi." I smiled, nodding and kissed her cheek.
(Really.)

She ran away to which my mother told her to slow down before she looked at me.

"Aaj kal notice kar rahi hoon, tumhare chehre par noor bohut hai." She told me.
(I have been noticing that these days your face has so much noor.)

"Eid ka glow hai." I made up and excuse and smiled.
(It's the glow of Eid.)

I walked out of the kitchen and walked upstairs. I was about to go to my room, when a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind a wall.

"Lagta hai aaj mujhe bhool gai ho." He said.
(It seems as if you've forgotten me today.)

"Apko toh chah kar bhi nahi bhool sakti." I said, smiling as I leaned in, his arms around my waist and my hands resting on his arms.
(I can't forget you even if I want to.)

"Eid ki mubarak nahi di." He said.
(You didn't wish me for Eid.)

Apko toh aur cheezon ki bhi mubarak baad mile gi.

"Eid Mubarak." I said.

"Khair Mubarak." He smiled.

"Bohut khoobsurat lag rahi ho." He said. Blood rushed to my cheeks and I glanced at his lips before looking back in his eyes.
(You look extremely beautiful.)

"Meri Eidi?" I asked.
(My eidi?)

He smiled and I stepped back as he pulled his wallet out of his pocket and handed me his credit card.

"Ja Simran ja, jee le apni zindagi." He said and I laughed.
(Go Simran go, live your life.)

I stepped closer and he wrapped his arms around my waist once again. We stayed silent for a while just looking at each other with stupid smiles on our faces.

His hands moved to grip my face and he shook me gently, "kyun ho tum itni pyaari?" He asked.
(Why are you so pretty?)

I laughed, "ammi se pooch kar bataongi."
(I will ask mom and then tell.)

"Aesa lag raha hai ham koi 10th grade ke couple hain." I laughed.
(It feels as if we're some 10th grade couple.)

"Agar 10th grade ke couples ki shaadi aur ik bachi howi ho toh haan shayad." He joked and I laughed.
(If 10th grade couples are married and have a daughter then sure.)

"I have to go pick up Falak, Sheryar, and their minions from the airport." he said. I smiled and nodded, stepping back. Our hands connected.

he walked away and just when our fingers were about to disconnect, I held his fingers, "sunein." I said. he stopped and turned to look at me.
(listen.)

"I'm pregnant." I revealed.

I watched him froze and his eyes widened. He opened his mouth but no words came out.

"Se-seriously? I- sachi?" he asked, speechless. I laughed and nodded.

He came closer and hugged me. I hugged back as he showered my face with kisses before connecting our lips.

𝐃𝐢𝐥-𝐞-𝐙𝐚𝐚𝐫 (revamped) | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें