Arc 1, Chapter 21: Arrival.

———

Knife, Pickle, and Silver sat on the hotel couch. Silver leaned on his fist as he watched the two boys competitively play video games together. He seemed pretty bored as he watched the screen with his legs crossed.

Knife and Pickle were leaning on each other as they both tried to beat the other. They were eventually escalating to yelling.

Silver glanced at them as they did what he perceived as 'barbaric behaviour'. "Is it really necessary to be this aggressive as you play this— so called 'Mario Kart'?" Silver huffed.

Knife nearly threw his controller when he lost, Pickle had to grab his arm before he managed to commit to the motion. "I mean... Yeah! It's more fun." Pickle chuckled.

Knife nodded in agreement as he leaned back against the couch cushions.

"I don't see how... Watching this... screen with cars and mushrooms on it is enjoyable..." Silver muttered in a bitter tone.

"Wait— have you never played a video game before...?!" Pickle asked in a tone of disbelief.

"Well... No... My parents always thought my education was far more important..." Silver explained.

"No way! You gotta try this!" Pickle insisted as he stood up and walked over to the shelf beneath the TV. He dug out another controller for Silver and tossed it to him.

Silver caught it with ease and sighed. "I'm not sure... It seems... Savage..." he muttered in a skeptical voice.

Knife shook his head and elbowed Silver. "Cmon! Give it a shot, cuz!" Knife smirked.

Silver sighed. "Alright... How do I play...?" Silver grumbled.

Pickle showed him how to hold the controller and then directed him on how to play the game. Silver nodded through Pickle's instructions and began to attempt to play Mario Cart with Pickle, and Knife.

Silver quickly began to realize how they found it entertaining. He giggled evilly every time he hit someone with a shell, or banana peel. Silver swiftly became equally as competitive. Silver had no idea how fun these games could really be.

They played for about an hour laughing, and playfully shoving each other as they clashed and threw blue shells at one another.

Trophy walked in with a coffee, which he had carefully put together himself. He took up coffee as a hobby and had many machines and devices for making it in the hotel kitchen. He walked in to see the three objects on the couch yelling and laughing as they played Mario Cart.

He walked over and leaned on the back of the couch as he studied the three of them, before his eyes widened at the sight of Silver. "Silver Spoon? Oh my god—?! I haven't seen you since like— five Christmases ago!" Trophy laughed in recognition.

Silver perked up at the familiar voice. "Trophy? Oh my! Has it been a while! I see you made your transition official?" Silver looked over his shoulder.

Trophy coughed. "O-oh uh... Yeah. Hah." He laughed a bit. "My mom took it about as well as you'd expect."

"Poorly...?!" Silver panicked.