Arc 1, Chapter 23: Nightfall.

———

Silver looked at OJ and put his hands up which were sporting with electricity every now and again. He laughed nervously and began to sweat. "Oh! H-hello! Hahah... Uh... It— Wasn't me...?" He gave a fake, nervous smile.

OJ looked at the lights and his mouth fell open in shock. "WH— HOW DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING—?!" OJ shouted in a fit of rage.

Silver took this moment to quickly flee the scene before OJ could yell at him, or scold him even more.

Silver walked down the hall and decided to go check the kitchen for Knife along with Pickle. Dinner was soon anyway.

———

Two hours later.

Nightfall.

Lightbulb happily exited the hotel, dinner was great. She had her fill on food and it was just getting dark. The moon was out and the soft colours of night were beginning to shine on the world.

The grass shimmered in the blanket of moonlight that shined down from overhead.

Lightbulb saw across the field, Baxter resting underneath a chair. It wouldn't hurt to play a bit before bed right? Lightbulb walked over. "Hey Baxter!" Lightbulb gave a small wave.

Baxter lifted his head and his scaly tail swayed back and forth. He was excited to see Lightbulb. Lightbulb looked around and found a stick. She already knew how this would end, but she found it amusing so, she didn't care.

She tossed the stick into the forest and watched as Baxter jumped up and ran into the woods after it. She waited patiently for a few minutes before Baxter came back, not with the stick she had thrown,

But with a dead tree.

Lightbulb snickered. "Wow bud, that's a nice stick you found!" She giggled more, her LED glowing dimly from her amusement.

Baxter did a little spin before dropping the dead tree in front of Lightbulb, and bowing the lower half of his body down in a playful position. Baxter's eyes were firmly on the stick— or, tree.

Lightbulb stared at it for a moment. How was she going to throw this...? Hmm... She suddenly had an idea. She closed her eyes and remembered what happened at the fight. She began to focus all of the energy in her to her hands, and sure enough, they began to glow.

Baxter looked excited, and his large scaly tail swayed from side to side even faster.

Lightbulb giggled reached to grab the tree. She managed to lift it with her powers. Her hand glowed brightly. Her eyes widened and she flinched. "Oh. I kinda expected it to be like— super strength or somethin but that works too." She struggled for a minute and waved her arms around for a moment before the tree finally flew off into the forest.

Lightbulb placed her hands on her hips as the light in them died down. She smiled proudly. She heard Baxter ran off into the woods playfully and Lightbulb laughed happily as she watched this.

It was adorable after all.

She waited for a few moments for Baxter to get back. She looked up at the stars and sow how pretty they all were. She felt... Connected to them in some way. It made her smile.