𝐈𝐈. we're making glory our new persona

ꗃ 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝔀𝓸 .
❪       making glory
our new persona   ❫

𝓐s a throbbing ache permeates my mind, I find solace in the sensation of reclining upon what can only be described as the epitome of comfort—a bed so sumptuously soft that it rivals any I have ever had the privilege of resting upon

𝓐s a throbbing ache permeates my mind, I find solace in the sensation of reclining upon what can only be described as the epitome of comfort—a bed so sumptuously soft that it rivals any I have ever had the privilege of resting upon. Yet, as I ponder the events that transpired, a nagging uncertainty clouds my thoughts: was it all but a reverie, a fantastical journey of the mind, or did the experiences I recall with such vividness truly occur?

I forced my eyes to open, though they refused to cooperate fully. Through the haze, I could make out a blurry figure, perhaps a man, who seemed taller than my brother. "Where am I?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper.

"You sleep beautifully, bonny," the figure chuckled. As my vision cleared, I could finally see his face—and he was certainly not my brother. His features were striking, almost mesmerizing. Was this the same man from my dreams? The one who had haunted my thoughts with his enigmatic presence?

My heart raced, a mix of confusion and a strange, undeniable attraction. Who was he? Before I could find the courage to ask, I shut my eyes again, hoping to escape back into the dream where he belonged.

the next morning, I assume. I finally came around for good, there was nothing weird about my surroundings, except that they were nice than I was used to. The breeze smelled like strawberries. There was a blanket over my legs, a pillow behind my neck. All that was great, but my mouth felt like a scorpion had been using it for a nest. I woke up to see my brother percy and his friend grover sitting next to the bed I was laying down on

"It's okay, you're safe," Grover assured me, his voice gentle but firm. I glanced around the room, my eyes landing on a table in the corner. There, gleaming ominously in the soft morning light, was the Minotaur's horn— the very one I had used to stab the beast. My heart sank. So, it wasn't a dream? It really happened? The crushing realization hit me anew: my mother was gone.

Grover followed my gaze and, seeing where my thoughts had wandered, added, "It's a big deal to kill a monster like that. We wanted everyone to know what you accomplished."

I barely heard him, my mind racing with the memory of the attack. "You saw what happened to Mom?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper, but laden with hope and despair.

Percy and Grover exchanged a somber glance before Percy spoke. "We did," he said, nodding slowly. "She fought bravely, but..."

Grover continued, his voice filled with a quiet reverence. "She was incredible, a true hero. She saved us."