| 15 |

༊˚ 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ࿐

Y/N'S POV ::

The idea that I suggested was approved by all the higher ups but they needed the designs by the end of this month. I knew it wasn't possible but then again, nothing was impossible if you put your efforts into it. My fellow colleagues weren't happy about it though. Because working on that project meant extra shifts and extra work.

And no one likes doing that.

"You could've thought before saying something, y/n." Lia has told me but nonetheless everyone was put to work. It has been a week since that meeting. Taehyung wanted everything to be perfect. He was enjoying seeing me in misery. I kept reminding myself that I wasn't working hard for him or his company , I was doing this for myself. To prove my potential. Coming up with an entire series of new designs wasn't any easy.

It was a huge deal. Something that I haven't done before but now that I've made a commitment then I ought to complete it no matter what and how.

It was yet another hectic day at work. I don't bother knowing any people here because I could feel that the atmosphere had been cold ever since the day of that meeting. I could see that people here started to dislike me more because of that move of mine in the meeting. Some were even thinking that my proposal was accepted simply because I'm the CEOs wife.

I couldn't care less what they thought.

Everyone was free to think, in fact.

What mattered is that Miss Jin supported my decision. She even said that she was proud of me for expressing my thoughts and sharing my ideas.

"I'm leaving." Lia announced as she walked towards my cabin. I looked over at the illustrations and waved her off without looking at her. "Sure." I could hear her let out a tired sigh. "God, don't you get tired?" She asked as I shook my head in denial. There was a long stretch of silence before Lia spoke. "In that manner, you're really like Mr Kim." My fingers halted and I looked up to stare at her. "What?"

Lia shrugged her shoulders like she hadn't just said something utterly stupid. "What? He is your husband so of course it's his influence." My lips thinned at that. Of course I was supposed to make everyone believe that I was so happy in this marriage. I inhaled a breath and counted to five before replying. "I was always determined about my work, Lia. I wasn't an elite student just like that." I stated, with a small smile on my face.

"Understood." Lia muttered under her breath. "Okay, I'm leaving. See you, tomorrow." She added, swinging her purse on her shoulder. "Sure. Goodbye." I went back to my work while she walked out. I wasn't on talking terms with anyone as much as Lia.

I soon was immersed in my work when the familiar figure showed up at my cabin again. I could feel his aura lingering around the air so I didn't bother looking up from my laptop screen. "Still working?" Taehyung asked. "Do you see me dancing?" I asked back with my usual voice. He let out a scoff before speaking. "I have a meeting outside so I'll probably be late tonight. Go home early." He stated. "Sure."