Arc 2, Chapter 33: "What Have you Done?!"

TW: TORTURE

———

Paper rushed through the forest following the trail of feathers, thank god for Balloon shedding his feathers so often. Even though Soap hated him for it. Paper continued through the forest and stopped in his tracks at a small clearing. It almost looked like a wolf had eaten a bird due to the amount of feathers that littered the area.

"Wh-what happened here...?!" Paper muttered as he examined the area. It seemed like something happened. Where did Balloon go?! What happened to him?!

"Hmm... Seems like you might need some help."

Paper flinched and turned to the voice behind him. "NOW IS NOT THE TIME!!!" Paper growled.

Looseleaf rolled his eyes. "You do realize your powers can help here, right?" Looseleaf raised an eyebrow.

"What? Really—?! How?!" Paper shouted with desperation.

"I don't know if I wanna help you! You're beings sooo rude to me..." Looseleaf sneered with a fake dramatic look on his ghostly face.

"PLEASE Looseleaf...!" Paper cried, tears prickled his eyes as he gripped the sides of his arms.

Looseleaf studied Paper's desperate face and saw how upset Paper truly was. He sighed with pity. "Give me control. I can—"

"LOOSELEAF PLEASE!!! CAN YOU NOT TRY TO GET CONTROL OF MY BODY EVERY WAKING SECOND?!" Paper screamed with anger and worry.

Looseleaf's eyes narrowed with anger. "LISTEN PAPER. I don't want to control the body for bad! Okay?! You want help, you'll have to trust me." Looseleaf hissed, his eyes sparking a bright red.

"you're using me again!" Paper snapped.

"I'm NOT. Just, switch places with me for a moment. You can watch the whole time." Looseleaf held out his hand.

Paper stared into his red glowing eyes for a few moments before he took a deep sigh. "I really hope you're telling the truth..." Paper mumbled as he reached his hand out and took Looseleaf's hand.

The two switched places. Paper's soul transferred into spiritual a form outside of his body, while Looseleaf took control of the body, his now physical eyes glowed an ominous red.

"Back up." Looseleaf commanded, shooing Paper away.

Paper floated away from the clearing and stood at the edge. For some reason, the energy coming from the body was much greater when Looseleaf was in control.

Looseleaf rubbed his hands together and closed his eyes. He focused the power into a single point, he opened the gap between his hands and spread them out. Releasing the power into several magic circles.

Paper gasped as feathers and leaves blew around the clearing and the the symbols and markings flared inside the circles of concentrated magic.

Looseleaf tried his best to focus...