TWENTY-SEVEN

Lucia stood there, a vision of elegance, in her navy blue satin dress that gracefully skimmed her knees, cinching at her waist as it flared out to the bottom. The dress boasted delicate spaghetti straps that revealed her defined collarbone that was decorated with the necklace Paul had gifted her. The elegant blue hue beautifully accentuated her tan complexion, making her glow with radiance.

Completing her ensemble, Lucia opted for a pair of black platform Mary Jane's. The chunky platform soles not only provided her with a comfortable stride but also added a playful edge to her overall look.

A smile beamed across Lucia's face, her arm was lovingly looped with Paul's. Paul looked dashing in his navy blue slacks, pairing them with polished black dress shoes and a crisp black dress shirt. His ensemble exuded sophistication and timeless charm, perfectly complementing Lucia's elegant attire.

Together, they engaged in animated conversation with their friends Billy and Sue, their laughter filling the air and adding to the festive atmosphere.

Standing off to the side, Seth couldn't help but admire the incredible effort Alice had put into creating the perfect wedding venue. His eyes wandered from the enchanting decorations to the soft lighting that bathed the space. The meticulously arranged floral arrangements added a touch of elegance.

As the music began to play, Lucia and Paul took their seats, eagerly awaiting the arrival of the bride and groom. Bella walked down the aisle, her nerves evident on her face, but as she reached Edward, a sense of calm washed over her. Charlie reluctantly placed Bella's hand into Edward's, stepping back to join Renee.

Edward helped Bella onto the platform, their eyes locked in a moment of pure love and devotion. The soft melody of the violin created an atmosphere of romance, captivating everyone present. The room was filled with a collective sigh of happiness as vows were exchanged and rings were slipped onto fingers.

As Edward and Bella's lips met in a passionate kiss, the crowd erupted in cheers and applause. As they finally pulled away, their eyes met, their foreheads resting gently against each other.

The reception was a sight to behold, straight out of a movie scene. The venue was transformed into a magical space, adorned with twinkling fairy lights that cast a warm and inviting glow. Circle tables decorated with white tablecloth were placed across the room, beautifully decorated with delicate floral centre pieces and flickering candles, creating an atmosphere of elegance and romance.

Laughter and lively conversations filled the air as guests mingled and danced on the polished wooden floor. The music played, and the dance floor came alive with couples gracefully moving to the rhythm, their steps synchronized and their smiles infectious. The room was alive with the joyous sounds of celebration, glasses clinking in toasts and heartfelt laughter echoing throughout.

"Wasn't it just the most beautiful ceremony?" Lucia said, gazing up at Paul with shining eyes.

Paul brushed a stray hair from her face and smiled. "Second most beautiful thing I've seen tonight."

Lucia flushed at the compliment. "Oh stop, you charmer." She gave his arm a playful swat. "Now come on, let's find the bride and groom. I want to congratulate Bella before the dance floor gets too crowded."

They walked arm in arm towards the reception area, which had been beautifully decorated with fairy lights strung amongst the trees. A dance floor had been laid down on the grass under the glow of paper lanterns. A band was setting up as guests began to fill the space.

"Alice really outdid herself with all the details," Lucia remarked. "The flowers, the lights-it's all so magical."

Paul gazed down at Lucia with a tender expression. "Maybe someday, this will be us," he said softly.