✦Drunken blood [Nick]✦

❖・。:˚ *✿—————✦—————✿* ˚:。・❖

。:✿————✿:。

This wasn't supposed to happen. I told myself I shouldn't drink too much at this calamity party because I'm the oldest sibling, the one with the most responsibilities, who should be the one to take care of my brothers when they get out of hand. Chris and Matt usually always get pretty tipsy or drunk at these parties, which, mind you, is very annoying. Besides all of that, I agreed to come because I have been really angry and annoyed at everything recently because of finals week. The end of the school semester is coming up again so all of the tests and assignments have caught up to me.

Well, everytime we go to a college party I am usually given a red solo cup, offered a drink, and pressured to have a sip. This time though, I went a little too far. I have a big headache pounding in my head and my vision is starting to blur. The flashing lights that radiate from the living room create a blurry picture of static. It's hard to walk through the party, swarms of people make the air stuffy and claustrophobic. I stumble my way across the room to where Chris and Matt are laughing with some of our friends.

"Hey dawg!!" Nate yells over the blasting music, cutting off their conversation once he sees me walking over. He daps me up and continues his conversation with the others.

I can barely hear what they are saying, my headache drowning out everything. I start to grow hot and feel sweat form on my forehead. I wipe off the sweat with the back of my hand while clinging to Matt's side. They all start to laugh heavily once someone says something funny, which I can't catch, the music becoming unbearably loud.

Then I feel someone forcefully shove their shoulder into mine, almost pushing me over. A wave of shock shoots through me like lightning, shaking the world with its flashes of lights, just like the lights shooting through the room right now.

"Sorry dude!!" The person says while being pulled away by their friend in a blink. I couldn't even tell you what color their hair is because of my blurry eyes. It feels like my world is spinning, parts of my mind starting to shut off.

With a tug on Matt's arm he gets the message. He tells Chris we should leave and we are out the door within five minutes. Jason, one of our best friends, was the host of the party which was great for us because we live only a seven minute walk away.

So now we are walking home, my brothers talking and laughing about something which I can't understand. The cold afternoon air is refreshing compared to the suffocating air that bounced off the walls within the house. I start to stumble over my steps, my mind fogging up again. I look straight ahead, the trees looking more like green clouds than leaves. My eyes start to close, blinking slowly, my consciousness going in and out.

I start to grow weak, my legs wanting to give out from under me. My arms become heavy as well, my head doing the same. Then I stumble over myself and crash into the cold pavement, scraping my knee slightly. Pain shoots through me and sends palpitations up my spine. My heart starts to beat faster within my rib cage as my whole world flips. It's like the world is in slow-mo. When I look up none of the leaves are moving and things are in double. Then an electrical ringing sound grows in my head, scraping against my thoughts, sending them into a loop.

I close my eyes and tears start to run down my face in exhaust. I curl into myself on the pavement and cover my ears with my palms, trying to block out the ringing. It doesn't help and my headache starts to grow stronger from the crying. I lay on the ground, starting to shiver and sob harder.

A minute later I feel hands grip my shoulders. The hands pull me up from the ground. I take my hands off my ears and open my eyes. A wave of disorientation hits me like fire to paper and I almost collapse again. The hands keep me standing as I start to hear muffled talking...shouting, maybe whispering? I don't know what's happening.

Once my dizziness subsides and the ringing in my ears starts to die down I look forward. Then I look at my hands. I can red. It's dripping onto my clothes. Blood. There is blood on my hands.

I start to scream, or at least I think I am screaming; I can't hear anything. Then I bury my bloody hands in my hair and start to pull at it. More hot tears run down my bloody cheeks, soaking onto my shirt. I squeeze my eyes shut but it doesn't help erase the sight of blood I just witnessed.

"Nick...Nick!!" Someone yells to me but I can only hear muffled whispers. I open my eyes again and can only see black.

"...Nick...are?" The person says in disarray, but I can only hear parts of what they are saying. I look at the sound, trying to figure out who the person is. I look through my muddy eyes and piece together a silhouette. Chris.

Then I reach out for him, latching my arms around his shoulders. I lean into him, capturing his warmth from within the cold. I hold onto him because that's the only thing I know how to do right now.

"Nick, look...," Chris says but I still can't hear him very well, only hearing bits and pieces. "Nick, what happened? Look at me," he repeats and I pull away from the hug. I look at him timidly, looking him right in the eyes.

"Nick, what happened?" Chris wipes my tears and uses a spare paper towel from the party to wipe the rest of my face. I look at my hands, still covered in dark blood.

"I-I don't k-know," I utter out, scared for what I must have done to myself. The ringing in my ears stops and I keep looking at Chris in despair, him looking back at me.

"What happened?" He repeats himself a third time.

"I-I," I stutter, not knowing where to begin. "I fell to the ground a-and...I-i guess I... hurt myself," I say and flip over my hands to show him the blood.

"Oh no, Nick. You scraped your hands," I nod and he starts to wipe the blood off my hands.

The blood was from the scrapes, nothing else, I think as it all starts to come back to me. I am so relieved that the blood was only from the scrapes.

"We should go home and bandage your wounds," someone says from behind me. I turn around at the voice and realize It's my other brother. Matt. Gosh, I am happy to see them now. I'm still so exhausted and just want to go home now that I know they are here.

They start to pull me down the sidewalk, holding me up with their hands around my shoulders and neck. I am slightly hobbling on one leg because the other is scraped up. We slowly make it to the house and Matt unlocks the front door. Chris guides me into the house and onto a kitchen chair, where I put up my feet on another chair.

Matt goes to the bathroom and comes back with a first aid kit. He grabs out some alcohol wipes and starts to wipe them across my hands. I hiss as the alcohol burns into the cuts. Chris gets a wet rag and hands it to me to stop the inflation from the cuts. I press the rag onto the cuts as Matt bandages them up.

After my scrapes are taken care of I stand up and walk over to Matt. I start to cry as I throw my hands over his shoulders. I cry into his neck as I say I love you and thank you.

"I love you too, Nicky," he hugs me back gently.

"I thought I was dying out there. Thank you for saving me. I don't know what I would have done without you. I love you." I say again.

"Chris and I love you so much. We would never just leave you out there. And I'm so sorry we didn't realize you fell and were really drunk. I feel really bad," he whispers to me as I continue to cry out of happiness and guilt.

"No. It was my fault that I got so drunk. I am really sorry."

"It's alright Nicky, things like that happen. To solve them we just have to move past it and not dwell on the past," he says comfortingly and pushes me away from the hug. He then wipes off the tears from my face and goes on his tippy toes to kiss my forehead. "I love you so much."

"I love you too Nicky," Chris says as he comes around the corner. He goes up to me and we share a sweet group hug, not too long, not too short, just the right amount of passion and love. 

。:✿————✿:。

❖・。:˚ *✿—————✦—————✿* ˚:。・❖

Helloo

How r u guys doing?

I love all of you!!

Mwah!!

- love eve