South Side

Why are all vampires from hundreds of years ago? Every time you hear about a vampire, they're always from like the 1800s trying to adjust to modern society. And they always act so dark and mysterious like they haven't watched society evolve and don't know how someone in the modern world acts. What about the young vamps? You never hear about a vampire from Atlanta in the 90s. But what if you did?

Ebony DuBois was only 17 when she underwent the transformation process of a vampire. She was on her way out the door, about to step into the world of adulthood when she was ambushed by someone by the name of Svetlana Volkova. She pretended to be injured in a car wreck to lure the teen in. Svetlana bit Ebony with intention to completely drain her. What she didn't know was that Ebony was a fighter, and, boy, did she fight dirty. In an attempt to get away from the vampire, Ebony sank her teeth into the girl's arm, strong enough to draw blood.

She didn't put up enough of a fight, since Svetlana was able to get what she wanted, but she admired the teen's determination and fighter's instinct. The woman wasn't keen on drinking human blood, but was in dire need of it. Svetlana killed Ebony, letting her undergo her vampiric transformation. In order to keep an eye on the teen, she moved next door. She didn't expect them to become close, let alone best friends.

Breaking the news to her family went smoothly, much to Ebony's surprise. None of them were scared, in fact, they seemed a bit relieved. All of them thought her sudden change in behavior was because she was pregnant. But that isn't the reason they were relieved.

Fifteen years go by, and her mother gets a call from her sister that sends the whole family packing their things, including Svetlana, and moving to Virginia. Mystic Falls, to be exact.

EBONY DuBOIS

LOOKS 7TEEN. VIRGO. BISEXUAL
played by Lauren London

ANTOINETTE "TWAN" DuBOIS

7TEEN. CAPRICORN. QUEER.
played by Megan Good

SVETLANA VOLKOV / LANA VICTORS