✦Drowning [Matt]✦

❖・。:˚ *✿—————✦—————✿* ˚:。・❖

。:✿————✿:。

My thin body is tossed into a huge body of water and I slowly start to sink. The water rushes into my throat and I suddenly can't breathe. I look around me, my body is stranded in the ocean, nothing around me but cold water. I swim up, trying to reach the surface, only being able to pull away from gravity slowly. A couple seconds later I can feel my eyes starting to sting under the salt water and my clothes getting fully drenched, weighing me down. I push myself harder, using all of the strength in my arms to swim up.

My mind blurs, being scared and terrified at the same time, clashing together, making an unbearable headache. I try to sort through my thoughts, only trying to get to the surface.

About twenty seconds later and I am almost to the surface but then I start to get tired. My breath starts to run out and I need to get to the surface if I want to survive. I push myself harder, moving my arms and legs in sync.

Then, the next time I look up at the surface it only starts to get farther away. My heabreat picks up and I start to choke on the salty water.

No no no. I am almost there. I can't stop now, I tell myself.

I thrust my arms high up and forcefully pull them down again. One two, one two, one two, I count in my head. I paddle my legs frantically, trying my best to save myself. My eyes are alert, seeing if I will be able to make it to the surface in time. My heartbeat is being thrown against my rib cage, beating in and out of my chest. I can hear my heart pound within me, setting a fast rhyme to my strides.

Come on. You can't stop now Matthew, I tell myself as I push myself to the limit.

Then my breath chokes again and my eyes start to blur more. I push harder and harder. My legs want to give out but that's not an option. Above me the surface is still only getting farther away.

"Help!! Help!! I n-need help!!" I yell, all while choking on salty water, knowing that no one can probably hear me. My voice is probably muffled by the water and it's not like someone will magically come to help me.

"Help. Please..." I yell desperately. It was a bad idea because I start to choke on the water harshly, my throat burning, throwing my head into overdrive. I'm so exhausted that my legs start to give out and I start to get sucked deeper into the water.

Nononono, I start to cry. I look above me, the surface is only getting more distant. Then my lungs give out and I can feel myself lose control of my body, slowly falling down, and down, and down.

Suddenly I gasp, air filling my lungs up as their arms pull me into their embrace. The arms are wrapped around me, pulling me out of the water. I start to cry, my mouth exhausting guttural sobs. I hold on to the person and cry harder, an overwhelming mess.

I bury my face into the person's chest and sob ito there squirt. I still have my eyes closed, I can only hear and feel the person.

"It's okay Matty. Just breathe. It's okay. We are here," the person says to me in small, comforting words. I whimper and hold them harder, trembling out of fear.

"Matty, what happened? You have to tell us so we can help you," another voice says and I immediately know who they are. My brothers, Nick and Chris.

I finally open my eyes and realize I am in my bed, not in the ocean. I didn't drown, it was just a nightmare. It was just a nightmare, I tell myself. Even with the comfort of knowing I am in my bedroom around the people I love my breath doesn't stay. My heart is still pounding within me and I am still crying. I cry to calm down but I can't seem to find out how to.

"It's okay bud. Just breathe with me," Chris says to me. He exaggerates his breathing for me to follow. I follow his breaths shakily, looking at his eyes. They look like water, the ocean.

I get scared again and my breaths become scarily rapid again. I close my eyes and throw myself into his embrace again.

"It's okay Matty. I got you. Breath with me. In for four...out for four. Do you remember our breathing exercises?" I slightly nod while following his breathing again.

After a couple minutes I calm down and tell them what happened. I tell them about my nightmare while Nick wipes my tears and Chris still holds me in his arms. After a while I get tired again because it is the middle of the night so we go back to sleep.

They cuddle me and I feel so happy that all of my fear melts away. I feel so lucky to have them as brothers. Right before I go to sleep I think, I love my brothers so much.

。:✿————✿:。

❖・。:˚ *✿—————✦—————✿* ˚:。・❖

Ello

Drink water and eat 

Kisses!!

Mwah!!

- love eve