Tactical Triumph - Chapter 24

"Leeani, ensure he doesn't close in to reclaim his machete!" Zach commanded, urgency in his tone.

"I won't let him, captain!" Leeani responded with a resolute shout.

"Now, let's resume the fight," Zach declared.

In stark contrast, Sanaage, once shrouded in a psychotic grin and brimming with confidence, stood motionless. The earlier bravado now a distant memory, replaced by a fading specter in the face of the unfolding battle.

"What happened? Scared now? Where's that boundless confidence you were flaunting earlier? Notice how the moment you were stripped of the years of mastery with that machete, you stood frozen," Zach remarked, akin to a predator reveling in the disarray of its prey.

"You worthless piece of filth!" Sanaage's furious shout reverberated through the air as he charged at Zach, fists clenched with an unbridled rage.

Zach, seemingly unfazed, stood there with unwavering composure, patiently awaiting Sanaage's approach. However, just as the enraged adversary drew near, Zach uttered words that reignited the flames of fury in Sanaage, altering the contours of his already contorted facial expression.

"I don't need my sword to handle a prey like you. You're too weak for it," Zach asserted, a smirk forming as he effortlessly sheathed his sword, his words dripping with the confidence of a seasoned warrior.

"YOU DESPICABLE PIECE OF GARBAGE!" Sanaage's furious shout echoed through the tumultuous battlefield, a visceral expression of his seething anger directed at Zach.

As the distance between Sanaage and Zach dwindled, Zach sprang into action, unleashing a rapid and lethal combination of four punches. The sequence commenced with a swift left jab finding its mark on Sanaage's jaw, followed seamlessly by a powerful right hook targeting his liver. The onslaught continued with a left uppercut striking Sanaage's chin, and culminated in a decisive right cross directly to the solar plexus, leaving Sanaage gasping for breath. The culmination of Zach's precise and devastating blows rendered Sanaage incapacitated, causing him to crumple to the ground under the weight of the relentless assault.

"In the realm of battle, composure is your sword, and you, my friend, just dropped it. A warrior with a temper is as effective as a sword without an edge – sharp in theory, but utterly useless in practice," Zach remarked, a touch of condescension in his tone as he assessed Sanaage's defeated state.

A resounding crash echoed through the battleground as Zach quietly uttered his next words.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I STAND SUPREME AMONGST THE ELITE! KAZAKS, THE VERY EMBODIMENT OF WRATH, THE UNRIVALED REBEL, PROCLAIMS HIS MIGHT!" Kazaks roared with unrestrained fury, the declaration of his sin reverberating across the battlefield.

Zach's attention snapped towards Kazaks at the ferocious shout, prompting him to approach the source of the tumult. His measured steps carried him closer to Kazaks, revealing a visceral scene—the rebel adorned in blood that wasn't his own.

"Kazaks! Are you okay? You're drenched in blood," Zach exclaimed with genuine concern, the worry evident in his voice.

"Don't fret, Captain Zach! This isn't my blood; it's his and his war elephant's!" Kazaks replied, his shout cutting through the tension, offering reassurance amid the chaos of the battlefield.

"Wowwwww! Kazaks, that was incredible! You truly demonstrated the full force of Wrath!" Leeani cheered enthusiastically as she hurried towards the triumphant duo.

"Leeani! Well, what can I say? I'm the second strongest, after all!" Kazaks proclaimed with a hearty shout, basking in the glory of his triumph.

Curiosity gleamed in Leeani's eyes as she inquired, "How did you manage to defeat him and that colossal creature over there? What was your strategy?"

"Well, it was a breeze. That Xertu character went all in on offense! I wore him down by skillfully evading every swing of his halberd. After minutes of dodging and parrying his relentless onslaught, I seized the opportune moment when he gasped for breath and countered with my own relentless strikes!" Kazaks explained, his voice resonating with the thrill of battle.

"You big, brilliant brute! You saw right through him!" Leeani exclaimed in response, acknowledging Kazaks' tactical acumen.

"Well, what can I say? I'm the second strongest, after all! HAHAHAHAHAHA!" Kazaks roared with laughter, reiterating his claim to the title of the second strongest once again.

As Kazaks and Leeani continued their animated conversation, Zach halted his approach, observing the two engaged in joyful dialogue. A subtle relief washed over him as he spoke under his breath.

Zach joined the conversation with a smile, "Looks like the Sin of Wrath and the Sin of Envy are quite the duo, holding their ground with both strength and camaraderie. Well done, Kazaks. Keep that spirit alive; we've got more battles ahead." The trio shared a moment, the bonds of their small yet resilient band strengthened by the shared relief of emerging from the skirmish unscathed.

"Hey, Captain! How about a little credit for my stellar assist back there? I mean, without me, that whole strategic plan and psychological warfare wouldn't have been as epic. HMP!" Leeani chimed in, a tinge of jealousy coloring her tone at the lack of acknowledgment from her captain.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Leeani, jealous much? You're actually envious about that?! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!" Kazaks bellowed with laughter, the sound echoing through the entire forest.

"HMP! Quit teasing me, you oversized brute! I'm starting to regret ever complimenting you on being smart. Well, now you aren't!" Leeani retorted, her frustration evident in her shout.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!" Kazaks remained unfazed, his laughter ringing loudly through the forest, thoroughly enjoying the banter.

Once more, Zach whispered his heartfelt sentiment, "I'm genuinely relieved that neither of you sustained any fatal injuries," his eyes lingering on the heartwarming scene of Kazaks and Leeani playfully bantering with each other.