| 29 |

༊˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓 ࿐

| PAST |

Y/N'S POV ::

There are planned children, some are accidental but loved and some are just blessings. There's one more category which no one wants to belong to, an unwanted one.

The one where you regret every breath you take in.

That's suffocating.

I was that unwanted child. The youngest in the family, supposedly to be the most loved but unfortunately, I was least loved. Sungmin was the oldest,our big brother and after two years came Jia, my elder sister and then all of a sudden, four years after Jia's birth, I was born.

Sungmin was superior in everything and Jia as well. She was a top student from the start, good looks which she got from our mother and everything was just perfect. She screamed perfectionism without even trying but I, I was the dumb one.

Least in everything.

A bit lost too because I never understood why I wasn't a loved one. Did I not deserve it? Why did my father sometimes look at me like he didn't know me? Like I was the disappointment and a dent to their perfectly built family. It all sounded too good in my head when I thought about family.

But as time went by , it came crashing down. I felt myself slipping away from the family picture because I just didn't belong there. My siblings loved me and I loved them too but my mother, she pushed them away.

"You should learn something from Jia,y/n."

"Why are you so slow?"

"Why are you so messy?"

"Why can't you just do anything properly?"

"Look at Jia."

"She is the epitome of the perfect daughter I've always desired."

"I shouldn't have had you in the first place."

Questions, harsh words, a seven year old me took all of them. Always earning for love, for my mother to give me a smile that's not mocking, that's not fake but genuine and always earned for her to pull me closer and whisper in my ear that it's fine and I don't have to be perfect all the time.

Why couldn't she love me like she did to my Eonnie?

The constant comparison between me and my sister led me to the most disastrous state and I somehow started resenting my own sister, the one who genuinely loved me. The one girl who always pulled me in a hug whenever our mother couldn't do it.