𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

【PROLOGUE】

PROLOGUE

TWO YEARS AGO

"LET ME GO!" You'd scream and thrash, using your nails to dig into the skin of the strangers that brought you here.

It's not like they would listen to some mere child, though. Your emotions were insignificant to these people... They just wanted to meet their own goals for their own well-beings.

They dragged you by both of your arms; having a grip that was tight enough to nearly make you tear up. Your body wasn't built for things like this --- you were just a normal kid that was supposed to grow up and live a good life.

The two men that were dragging you around the building had the uniforms of navy soldiers, so it was hard to believe they would do something as cruel as this. For a moment, you thought they might have been fakers. But based on the building you were in, they were real.

"Stop squirming you brat," One of the navy men spoke up, and his grip tightened on your arm, making you writhe in pain. "Are you sure this is the kid the Five Elders wanted? They are as fragile as glass."

"Don't question our superiors." The other man responded, and earned a scowl from his acquaintance. 

"P--Please, stop...! Let me go, I'm begging you!" You pleaded as tears rolled down your cheeks. Your whole body was shaking from fear and pain. Despite your wishes, those two attributes wouldn't go away.

They ignored your pleas, and just continued to drag you across the floor. Eventually, the two men came to a halt, and knocked on a door that they approached. It was made of metal or some kind of steel, since it didn't sound like they were knocking on wood.

The door disconnected from the ground like a gate would, and raised itself up so the soldiers could enter. They didn't waste any time bringing you inside, and tossing you into a nearby corner of the room.

The first instinct you had was to curl up into a ball, trying to shield yourself from the people around you. Your head was pounding, and your heart was racing at a speed you've never felt before. 

Whenever you brought your head out of your knees for a split second, you saw an older looking man with a lab coat on. He sweat-dropped whenever he saw how scared you were, and tried to make a move by slowly approaching you.

He saw the red marks on your arms from the tight grips of the navy soldiers, and how your cheeks were stained with tears. His eyes softened whenever he saw the state you were in, and he glanced back at the two men who decided to not leave yet.

"I asked for you to bring them here unharmed! What about that do you not get?!" The old man scolded the two soldiers, which looked away awkwardly. He scowled at their behavior, and ordered for them to leave the room, and luckily they did. His eyes were fixated back onto you, and he couldn't help but sigh. "I'm sorry about this..."