| 31 |

༊˚ 𝐏𝐔𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 ࿐

Y/N'S POV ::

People are sometimes infuriating but I find them annoying most of the time. Especially when they gotta disgrace others to put themselves on top and when they cannot realize their own shortcomings.

I was judged and told by so many people in the office that Taehyung was the reason I got the job. No one said the word but I heard it loud and clear. I simply had enough and when I burst out, it caused them to cry. Well, that's not fair.

It has been a week since that one lady cried and everyone started staying ten meters away from me. At first, the people in office were either jealous or wanted to be me but now, I see that they fear. The same fear they hold for their boss who happens to be my husband.

Strangely, I haven't had any bad dreams where Jia appears. Things between me and Taehyung were shifting and I could see the change but I was adamant on not admitting it. Taehyung had no place in my life or that's what I thought until he held me in his arms and I spilled my secrets to him while crying.

Now everything seems like a mess which I despise the most.

It was just a usual night and Taehyung's late again. He has been busy working and so was I but this is the first time in a week when he got late. I sigh out, scribbling a few things in the sketchbook as I try to focus on my new designs which I'm supposed to submit soon. I simply couldn't focus because my eyes constantly glanced at the clock hanging on the wall.

My hands halt at the place and I decide to call him but then I hear the front door opening and a breath of relief erupts from my mouth. After that day in the office, Taehyung was bitter about it but then he was understanding too. I heard from the employee that Taehyung didn't apologize to the woman, instead he made sure that everyone was aware of the fact that I got the job on my own and because of my good results.

Still, we didn't talk for two straight days and yet the man made sure I had my breakfast and didn't place any pillows between us. The third day, we ended up talking only because I had kept his important file and he couldn't find it.

Hearing footsteps approaching the room, I went back to my work. Taehyung walks inside and I hear him groaning. Without speaking a word, he places his blazer on its place, removes his shoes and then disappears into the bathroom. I unconsciously scribble the designs until the water running in the bathroom stops and Taehyung steps outside.

I try not to feel overwhelmed by his presence but somehow the silence that lingered in the room was bothering me. None of us spoke anything. I nibbled on my lower lip as I watched him place his phone on the charging point and then he laid in the bed. "What about your dinner?" I questioned, my voice coming louder than I had intended. "Ate outside."