Chapter 0.4 - Simulation Room (+Interlude)

Note:Writing Style Change, bear with it if you can.

[ === CHAPTER • START === ]

Before the next day started, you sneaked right around your sleeping Nikke and upgraded them to Level 30 with the exception of Rapi, who was capped at Level 80 when she was recruited to your squad.

The next morning then came, you'd take a short shower, eat your breakfast, which was simply the "Breakfast Special Bacon n' Eggs splendamin" and milk coffee.

Your Nikke ate their own chosen breakfast too, even if Rapi was a bit hesitant in eating until you convinced her.

Cause hey, you don't want them to get mind switched, being a form of cyberpsychosis but only affects Nikke. That would be pretty bad.

So now you sat on a chair with your Nikke in front of you with a certain thought in mind.

"Can you hand over your weapons for a bit? I have to see what I could do with them right now...." You said, gesturing towards your Nikke.

Without hesitation, the three mass produced Nikke handed over their weapons one by one, thinking you were simply checking them out.

Feeling the weight of the weapons the moment you held them, you began yo inspect each of the weapons, careful to put all of them into safe mode first.

All of them were of practical use, yet Rapi's weapon, Militarya already was of incredible quality.

The system displayed interfaces right above them, allowing you to know the stats of the weapons, their firepower, fire rate, capability of damaging stuff, and some more that were quite complex on a Gacha Gamer's perspective.

Since you had two Weapon Modules drawn from the Equipment Gacha, you could upgrade two weapons once or a weapon twice.

But, what should be first?

Rapi's weapon? Nope, for now no upgrades were enough. Her weapon was already far better than Agnes's rifle.

So you took out two weapon tuners which were the size of your palm each, and put them on the desk.

"Commander, what are you doing?" Rapi asked with a tight eye on the desk.

"This?" You began your reply "This is just me modifying two weapons of my choice. It might not be much, but it should be enough."

".... Understood."

You stared at the transparent screen that was right above the Falcon's Clutch.

[ Upgrade Weapon "Falcon's Clutch" and to Tier 2? ]

[ Stat Changes:
• +1 Max Ammo
• +1% Hit Rate
• +5% Firing Speed
• +2% Spread Range ]

[ Cost: 1 Weapon Tuner (R), 5k Credits ]

[ Yes / No ]

Obviously you pressed the yes button, paying no mind to such a small cost for an upgrade.

Shortly after, the tuner was absorbed into the shotgun, enveloping it in light for a single second, which unceremoniously vanished after it passed.

There was no change in physical looks, but when Nacht was told to take a closer look, she felt like it had changed.

"Whoa~ what kind of this was this?" Nacht spoke with a mouth open in awe, immediately checking the weapon tuner on the desk.

"Hey, Nacht! I wasn't done yet..." You replied, gently pushing her off.