Chapter 1-3 - Marian

Note: Edited for reasons.

[ ~•~ Chapter • Start ~•~ ]

"Commander! Where is the AED, I have to use it...."

Marian whispered, her eyes scanning around the area, her hands patting at where the AED is usually on her.

When her hand was on it, she took the AED out from its confines, ready to use it.

"..... The AED..."

The AED was damaged by a gun's bullet, without knowing what had caused it.

"No...."

Her next option was to find an AED, but due to the ruined airship and several damaged Nikke around her, it felt almost impossible

Right now, tears were about to come down her eyes, even with help she would probably be too late.

Unless...

"Executing CPR!"

........

........

..........

Two minutes passed.

She was too late.

Putting her ear to this Commander's chest (who is technically also you), she heard no heartbeats from him.

His heart had stopped beating.

"Sorry. Sorry, sorry, sorry I'm sorry!"

Marian began sobbing, slowly repeating these words to mourn on the commander.

At this point, her eyes began flickering from blue to an empty red, her corruption slowly taking over her mind without her noticing.

But alas, someone was here to be of assistance. You along with your Nikke had arrived just in time.

"Marian!" You called out, loud enough for her to hear, and snap out of her corruption, for now.

Looking towards your direction, her frown did not fade as she was saddened by the deaths of many.

She failed to save even a single life, bringing shame and regrets to her heart and mind.

When your Nikke saw her eyes, they were surprised, and almost wanted to aim their weapons at her, but they didn't.

They might trigger her corruption, perhaps even trigger something equally worse.

Still, they were on guard.

"Are you okay? Is there anybody else alive?" You asked, and she shook her head.

"No."

You approached her, despite the risks presented towards you, and when you are close enough, your hand extends towards her.

"Then hold my hand and get up, someone like him had his future taken away by them." You said, gazing down towards her face with a smile.

Marian lent her hand, briefly retracting it when your hands touched, before grasping your hand and letting herself get up with your help.

Marian wiped her tears and calmed herself down after letting go of your hand.

"Looks like you're going to be my commander for a while until we return to the Ark and abort this mission." She chuckled then started walking towards one direction.

"What are you waiting for, commander? We should get going over there."

With a silent nod, you followed her, knowing that you weren't going to regroup with the other commanders, you decided to have Nacht contact them.