| 36 |

༊˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ࿐

Y/N'S POV ::

A week has gone by since grandpa collapsed and we found out that he has very little time left. A week of mixed emotions and realizations. I still haven't found the reason why Taehyung stopped painting. I just knew that there was more to the story but considering his current mental state, I didn't want to push him further into the matter. I could ask him some time later. 

A sigh escaped my mouth as I pushed the door open on the rooftop of the office building. It was my favorite place to visit after all. However, I was a bit taken aback when I saw someone standing there. That someone being Taehyung. It's like he already senses my presence and then turns around to face me. Our eyes clas as I feel my breath getting stuck in my throat before I force myself to breath. 

The cold air breeze passes between us. He is standing a few feets away from me, his blazer off from his shirt and his one hand is stuck in his black trousers. I feel the warmth pooling down my stomach as the air hits my face and I twist my lips, trying my best not to ogle at his exposed arms. The passing air caused our hair to wave and that exact time Taehyung smiled at me. My heart skipped a beat at the sight in front of me. 

Why does he have to be so annoyingly good looking?

“What are you doing here?” His voice yanks me back from my trance and I blink my eyes before walking in his direction. “I can ask you the same.” I shrug my shoulders while standing beside him as we both stare at the city lights in front of us. The heavy silence falls between us, it stretches out as none of us speak anything. However, it wasn't uncomfortable but I still had to talk to him. Taehyung wouldn't be here for no reason. He is a busy man after all. 

“Are you thinking about grandpa?” I break the icy silence, causing him to glance at me with bewilderment. “How do you know?” He questioned and I look back at this week's memories. He is trying his level best to not show how much his grandfather's health is affecting him but I could still see it. “A hunch I guess?” I lift my shoulder while he hums at me. Taehyung looks down at his one hand which is gripping the railing tightly. 

I move my hand onto him and place it over his palm. He looks at me and a sigh escapes my mouth. His hand is cold which means he has been standing here for a very long time. “You know, I'm still not used to you touching me.” I roll my eyes at him. If someone would've told me that I'll touch another person willingly then I would've ignored them or maybe would've called them crazy but that's the case right now. 

“Neither am I. But do you see me complaining about it?” I questioned, giving him a look. He chuckled as I rolled my eyes, pulled my hand away and decided to leave when he held my wrist. “Hey, I was just joking.” Taehyung mumbled as I let out a sigh and turned to look at him. “I should actually thank you.” He muttered and my eyes landed on our hands. He is holding my hand and I see the wedding rings around our fingers. The diamond on my ring shines.