1. Roommates

March, at a university in South Korea.

The wind blew slowly across the university courtyard, hitting the students who were walking towards the entrance. Some were standing, talking about their majors or their impatience to attend the gathering between the new students and the seniors.

A tall girl stood in the center of the courtyard, spreading her arms as she looked up. Two girls stood next to her, they were holding hands.

"Aaaahhh, this is the air I've been waiting for, the air that will make me an adult, the air that will make me smart!" Hyein inhaled the air forcefully, her nostrils flaring to their maximum.

Some of the students passing by looked at her strangely.

Danielle laughed with amusement, "You know you have to study hard if you want to be smart."
"Ssshh, Dani, don't remind me of that. Besides, what am I studying for? I have you." Hyein put both hands on the Aussie's cheeks and shook them playfully.

"You guys take different majors, and take your hands off her. Idiot."

Hyein turned her head towards her step-sister, she squinted her eyes, "It's your mouth you should be educating, not your brain. That pointy mouth needs to be organized."

She then removed her hand from Danielle's cheek and rubbed the girl's shoulder, "I'm sorry that you're her lover, you have to deal with her strange behavior all the time." Her face showed sympathy.

Danielle let out a giggle, "Don't worry Hyein, she's very patient and gentle with me."

Hyein rolled her eyes, "Not the answer I was expecting, but okay." She waved her hand.

"Hiiiiiii!!!"

They turned around and saw a short girl smiling broadly at them, and a tall girl next to her. Danielle waved her hand, "Hiiiiiii, oh my gosh!!!" She laughed and jumped slightly in excitement.

Hanni dashed over to them, she sped up her running when Danielle also ran towards her, they immediately embraced each other when they were close, while Minji, the tall girl, walked casually towards them. She carried two bags, one a dark brown colored backpack strapped to her back, and the other, a white backpack with a large stuffed fur seal-shaped keychain, in her right hand.

"I missed you!" Danielle hugged Hanni tightly, "Dude, we just met yesterday at your house." Hyein said.

"I always miss my best friend." Danielle released her hug and smiled at Hyein, she then looked back at Hanni, "I didn't see you earlier at the orientation event." She said.

"Well, Minji almost made us both late."
"Wait! Minji the golden child also got into this university?" Hyein grabbed both of Hanni's shoulders, the short girl furrowed her brow, "I already told you guys when we graduated from school." She said.
"She didn't get into Seoul University?" I thought she was just dropping you off here." Confusion filled Hyein's face.

Haerin snorted, "The school revoked the recommendation letter for her when she fought with me, you need to upgrade your brain memory."
"Hey I'm here, you can ask me you know." Minji raised her eyebrows.

Hyein gasped, "That means Haerin ruined your dream!" She was holding her chest, Haerin rolled her eyes.
"I didn't want to go there, my father did. I want to be in the same university as Hanni." Minji mumbled. Hyein let out an exaggerated gasp, "That's even worse! Haerin ruined a father and daughter's dream."

Hanni chuckled, "Minji is fine, she's even glad she came in here with me, and you guys."
"They were exceptions." Minji mumbled again, in a louder voice.

"Anyway, have you guys rented a dorm yet?" Danielle asked, "Of course! I share a room with Minji." Hanni exclaimed in excitement, "But of course the beds are separate!" She added quickly, "Well...you know that right?" Her face turned red.