Chapter 18

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝕿𝖎𝖙𝖑𝖊: 𝕱𝖔𝖗 𝕾𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖇𝖞 𝕯𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖊𝖑 𝕲𝖚𝖓𝖓𝖆𝖗𝖘𝖘𝖔𝖓

***

"Milady, here is the tea," Flora said. She bowed and handed me a black tea that I was supposed to hate but learned to love in this lifetime.

The clinging sounds of the glass touching the wooden table, made the smoky water ripple, distorting what was supposed to be my image.

"Thank you, Flora," I said tasting the tea that I wasn't previously allowed because of the incident.

"But then," I paused and looked around. I hear the leaves continually dancing, some falling as if falling to their right places, while some have strong grips around the branches.

I listened to the birds singing, and two of them descended on a sturdy branch. One of them nestled on the other one's neck while the other did the same thing. They looked at each other and sang their song until they got to fly together in the sky.

Then I tucked some of the hair that got swayed from behind when a leaf fell to the tea I was holding in my hand.

"Milady let me---"

"No, it's all right Flora, I've got this," I have always got this. I saw my reflection distorted from the blackness of the tea with the leaf swimming on top of it, but with a single swift of my hand, the leaf fell to the ground, while the tea continued to ripple until it displayed my image.

A face that once had it all but even the edges of my lips never seemed to reach my ears.

I heard Flora sigh and begin to step backward, I looked at her and saw she was holding a piece of paper.

"Young master Klein told me to give this to you after you have taken your tea but I guess you're already finished, Milady?" she said and at the end of her words, I felt the wave she got while her eyebrows creased.

I chuckled and placed the tea on the table while risking to grab the letter before Flora bowed to give it to me again.

However, a part of my heart couldn't stop beating faster it was not so long after a few seconds that my mind wandered last night.

The night, I have always dreamed of to happen, and it did, it's just not the way I expected it to happen.

"True love..." Klein repeated his words. He stumbled. I managed to catch his hands as I thought that the glasses would break if he truly stumbled on the floor.

Our faces became near once again, I could smell his scent, this familiar enchanting scent that captivated me when we were still children. Yet it had been mixed up with this intoxicating scent of grapevine

It must be from the red wine he brought.

"You were already drunk before you even came here, Klein," I laughed his words off and guided him to sit on my bed. He managed to grab the sheets from his hands behind his back and looked at the ceiling.

I gazed at him and his eyes continued to linger on the glasses of light in this golden wreath.

"But you asked me about it and I just couldn't help minding it all until now..." he said. I could see some redness in his cheeks, while his mouth continued to look longer than his nose with his puffy red peaches in his face.

I wanted to laugh, but I just shook my head.

His eyes rounded the wreath until I came and put his head on my shoulders.

"This is a night that you will embarrass yourself, Klein," I whispered through his ears and I heard him chuckle as his shoulders shook.

"Be it, it's not like you don't know me," he said with a pout.