~Chapter 20~

"Perrrrrcy!" Grover bleated and tackled me with a goat-hug. "You heard me! You came!"

"Yeah, buddy," I said. "Of course I came."

"Where's Annabeth?"

"Back at camp," I said turning to the girl. "But there's no time to talk, hold still."

I uncapped Riptide and sliced off her ropes. She stood stiffly, rubbing her wrists. She glared at me for a moment, then looked at the ground and mumbled, "Thanks."

"You're welcome," I said. "Now, who are you?"

The girl looked surprised. "Hespera, daughter of Atlas."

"Perseus Jackson, Son of the Big Three." I responded.

"You're joking." Hespera muttered not believing me.

"Sadly no." I respoded. "Okay. Come on, then. We have to help—"

An explosion echoed through the cave, followed by a scream that told me we might be too late. It was Silena crying out in fear.

"I got Nobody!" Polyphemus gloated.

We crept to the cave entrance and saw the Cyclops, grinning wickedly, holding up Clarisse and Silena, upside down by their legs.

"Hah!" the Cyclops said. "Girls! Already got feisty one for wife. Means you gotta be grilled with mango chutney!"

Clarisse struggled, but Silena looked dazed. She had a nasty cut on her forehead. Her eyes were glassy.

"I'll rush him," I whispered to Hespera. "Our ship is around the back of the island. You and Grover—"

"No way," they said at the same time. Hespera had armed herself with a highly collectible rams-horn spear from the Cyclops's cave. Grover had found a sheep's thigh bone, which he didn't look too happy about, but he was gripping it like a club, ready to attack.

"We'll take him together," Hespera growled.

"Yeah," Grover said.

"Yeah, no" I said. "You will just get in my way."

Grover and Hespera's expressions morphed into ones of shock as the shadows enveloped them, whisking them away in the blink of an eye. With my sword held firmly in hand, I squared my shoulders and unleashed a defiant shout into the darkness, "Hey, Ugly!"

The colossal figure spun toward me, his single eye narrowing with curiosity. "Another one? Who are you?" he boomed, his voice echoing off the cavern walls.

"Put down my friends. I'm the one who insulted you," I declared, my tone resolute despite the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

"You are Nobody?" Polyphemus questioned, his brow furrowing in confusion.

"That's right, I'm Nobody and I'm proud of it! Now, put her down and get over here. I want to stab your eye out again," I retorted, my words laced with a mixture of defiance and determination.

"RAAAR!" Polyphemus bellowed in response, his anger boiling over like a tempest unleashed.

As Polyphemus turned his attention to me, the good news came with a price. He released Clarisse and Silena from his grasp, sending them tumbling to the ground. With a swift motion, I manipulated the shadows, ensuring their safety before they could meet the unforgiving stone floor.

Summoning my Gungnir spear and wielding it alongside Morningstar, I prepared for the impending clash. The weight of the weapons felt reassuring in my hands, a tangible reminder of the strength and resolve that coursed through me.