Chapter 2: The harpy, The Witch and the airport

Jeffrey looked out the car window as they drove closer to the airport.

Last night had been so weird, Estelle has been out for nearly 3 hours. For once, Jeffrey had been the only kid staying overnight at the social services building, his past experiences usually he could rely on these falling asleep around the other kids in a similar situation, but for once he had been completely all alone, he hated being alone. Estelle had come very early in the morning to tell Jeffrey that he was to be brought to his new foster family sooner than expected, Jeffrey thought. This was strange, especially noticed the look of worry on the kind of old woman's face. He looked over at her and saw she had a bright smile on her face and didn't even look tired. She noticed him looking then smiled.

"Nervous?" Estelle asked.

"About what?"

Estelle looked up and motioned to the plane that was just taking off.

"Of flying?"

Estelle nodded as they turned into the parking lot of the airport.

"I mean I've never really flown before but I'm not really scared, more like curious."

"Well there's nothing to be scared about even if you are worried, you know, more people die in car crashes than in plane crashes every day. Notice how I waited until we were in the parking lot to tell you that?"

"I did. So where do I go?"

"Oh, don't worry I'm taking you to terminal 13 for the 10:45 flight to Boston." The car rolled to a stop, and as they got out, Jeffrey's heart raced with a mix of excitement and uncertainty.

"So where exactly will I meet my new foster parents?"

"They'll be waiting for you at Logan airport."

As the two got out of the car Estelle heard a slight echo in the parking lot, she looked over her shoulder and saw the outline of a tall and skinny man in a well dressed suit with a long snake shaped cane. Estelle's eyes went wide with fear as she saw the shadow coming closer to them, it wasn't Eris. Eris Estelle could deal with, but this was someone far more powerful, this was Baal, along forgotten Syrian storm God coming closer to them. Without looking at Jeffrey she handed him all the identification and papers he would need to get through the TSA as well as the ticket to get to the plane.

"Jeffrey, change of plans. I want you to go into the airport and get into the shortest lines possible and get on that plane, understand?!"

Jeffrey had no idea why Estelle's attitude changed so suddenly.  He then noticed a well dressed tall man coming towards them, he had a wide, toothy smile and eyes that seemed to glow bright red.

"GO!" Estelle shouted.

Jeffrey immediately turned around and ran into the airport. Estelle turned around to look to see if he had truly gotten in far enough, and when she turned back to see Baal was now only standing a few inches away.

" You didn't really think you and your kind could hide the boy from us did you? I'm going to make this very easy because I can tell you have both had a very long few days
And I'm sure you'd love to go back home. So here is my proposition,go back into the airport bring Jeffrey out here and give him to me, i'll take him to the underworld where his benefactors are patiently waiting for him. But before I go I'll give you a few scratches and a few bruises just so you can lie to your fellow deities and say you put up a good fight but ultimately you were not strong enough to keep Jeffrey away from the likes of me. Do we have a deal?"

Baal stretched out his long stick like black hand and opened up for a handshake.

Estelle narrowed her eyes and did not shake the demon's hand, she wanted to slap it away, but she considered herself too ladylike to do such a thing.