CHAPTER: 83 | HER KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR (PART-2)

Aariz showed up to work the next day and if that wasn't a shocker enough, he seemed to be in a good mood. Faheem Othman hugged his son, patted his back and made him sit next to him at the conference table. Yusuf Othman didn't want to ruin his mood and so he sat away  from them while Shah and Zeeshan took the seats opposite to them.

Mr. Gazi arrived on time and was happy to see Aariz back working on the project. He exchanged pleasantries with him and surprisingly, he matched his energy. It was all fun until he decided to bring up the lie that they had told to cover up his absence.

"So... when's the good news?" Mr. Gazi wiggled his brows.

"Excuse me." Aariz was for a second confused whether the question was directed to him.

Zeeshan began coughing loudly while Shah cleared his throat, "No personal questions, please." He objected.

"Oh come on. It's just me " Mr. Gazi waved it off, "I'm curious. Honeymoon for two weeks. I want to know all about it." He rubbed his hands.

"Honeymoon?" Aariz arched his brows, "Two weeks?" His eyes slide to his family members.

Yusuf Othman looked away, Faheem Othman covered his face, Shah hid behind the laptop screen and Zeeshan suddenly found the files before him very interesting.

None of them were ready to meet his questioning gaze.

He understood what they had done.

"Why? Am I wrong? Did it begin before you went to your honeymoon?" Saying that, he threw his head back and guffawed at his own joke.

Aariz inhaled and decided to play along. He faced him and joined his hands on the table, "Tell me Mr. Gazi, did you wait until you went on your honeymoon?" He asked him, calmly.

Mr. Gazi burst out laughing, "Of course, not. Who waits until honeymoon, right?" He giggled like a girl.

"Exactly." Aariz grinned, making him laugh again, "As far as good news is concerned...it's up to my wife." He shrugged.

"Whenever she wants, eh?"

"Whenever she wants." Aariz agreed.

Zeeshan shut his file, Shah peeked a little from above the screen, Yusuf Othman turned to look at his nephew and Faheem Othman rubbed his eyes, making sure he wasn't dreaming.

"Ohhh...what a gentleman!" Mr. Gazi seemed impressed, "Lovely!" He cooed.

In a good spirit, Mr. Gazi took his leave but not before he invited Aariz to his house for dinner—with his wife. While his family members panicked, he smoothly handled it by telling him that she was staying at her father's place and that he will bring her some other day.

Once he left and it were just family members in the conference room, they turned to Aariz who was nonchalantly scrolling on his cellphone.

He sensed their eyes on him and looked up from his cellphone, to find them all watching him.

"What?" He asked.

Faheem Othman gave him a look.

He frowned and as he realised the implication of his look, he rolled his eyes, "God...give me a break." He stood up and walked out of the conference room.

And as soon as he closed the door behind him, they all jumped up and began analysing what he said.

"What was all that about?"

"It didn't look like he was joking..."

"I told you, didn't I?" Yusuf Othman was smug, "You were worrying for nothing."