Celebrations

Mahika sat on the edge of the couch, her fingers tracing invisible patterns on her lap, worry etched across her face like a shadow. The morning sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a soft glow around the room, but it did little to ease the anxiety gnawing at her heart. Omkar, her brother-in-law, had been missing since morning, and despite her efforts, she couldn't shake off the feeling of unease that had settled in the pit of her stomach.

 Omkar, her brother-in-law, had been missing since morning, and despite her efforts, she couldn't shake off the feeling of unease that had settled in the pit of her stomach

"Gautam, Om se kuchh baat hui kya?" Mahika's voice trembled slightly as she turned to her husband, her eyes searching his face for any sign of concern.

Gautam, sitting across from her, glanced up from his newspaper, his brow furrowing in confusion. "Om? Nahi toh, maine toh usay kal shaam se hi nahin dekha," he replied, folding the paper neatly and setting it aside. "Kyun? Koi problem hai kya?"

Mahika sighed, her worry deepening at Gautam's lack of knowledge

Mahika sighed, her worry deepening at Gautam's lack of knowledge. "Subah se gayab hai. Kitni baar call kar chuki hun, par baar baar switch off aa raha hai, Pata nahi kahan hai," she explained, her voice tinged with frustration and fear.

Gautam's expression softened, and he reached out to place a comforting hand on Mahika's shoulder. "Vo thik hoga Mahika. Yahin kahin gaya hog. Bekar mein pareshan mat hou" he reassured her, though his own concern mirrored hers.

But Mahika couldn't shake off the feeling of dread that gripped her heart like a vice. Om was not one to disappear without a word, especially without informing anyone. Her mind raced with all sorts of possibilities, each one more terrifying than the last.

Determined to find answers, Mahika rose from the couch, her resolve steeling her nerves. "Main na Shanti se pucchke aati hun, vo uske kamre ki safai kar rahi thi na," she declared, her steps quickening as she made her way to the kitchen.

The maid, busy washing dishes, looked up in surprise as Mahika entered the room, her expression one of concern. "Didi, Kya hua sab thik hai?" she asked, her hands stilling in the sink.

Mahika shook her head, her voice tight with worry. "Tumne Om ko dekha kahin?" she questioned, her eyes searching the maid's face for any hint of knowledge.