Chapter 1

𝗛𝗮-𝗿𝗶𝗻 𝗣𝗢𝗩

𝟳 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗴𝗼

"Are mum and dad okay?" A small voice asked.

At this point, I wasn't sure about what to answer because I wasn't sure myself. Everything was unpredictable at this moment, and anything could happen at any moment. There were screams echoing in our small house from the hall.

"Listen,I'm not sure Yeongseo, but here, put these on your ears, alright?" I asked, handing her a pair of noise canceling headphones. She took them from me with her small hands and placed them in her ears. I connected them to my phone and played some music so she wouldn't have to hear this.

I sat in the corner of the bed and tried to suppress the tears. My eyes stang, but I shook the thought away. I had to be the older sister in this scenario and not show my vulnerability to the little girl who saw me as her role model in everything she did. I had to stay strong. I sat down thinking about what to do when I heard a loud shriek from the hall, along with glass breaking. Yeongseo looked up at me and saw my face. She yanked the headphones off and looked scared

"You stay here, okay?" I said, trying not to panic. I ran out of the room towards the hall and froze. I looked at them, the floor stained with blood, and amidst all that, mum, lying on the floor, limp. My eyes stung again, I ran towards her.

𝗛𝗮𝗹𝗹

"Mum!" I yelled, placing her head in my lap. I saw glass shards littered all over the place. My mum was bleeding straight onto my shirt. She pulled a shaky hand,covered in blood, and cupped my face.

"My l-love.." She whispered feebly.

"Mum, please stay! It's not too late!" I cried out.

"My time has come for my love." She replied, "Take my locket, keep yourselves safe and look after your sister ."

I quickly took her locket and pocketed it. All of a sudden, she closed her eyes. In almost an instant, I slapped her cheek, but to no avail, she died on my lap. I still had her blood all over my shirt. I felt the tears fall, and I let the river of tears I had fall. Even though my eyes were blurred from tears, I looked up and saw my father just sitting on the sofa.

"You, YOU FUCKING KILLED HER!" I yelled at the old man. He looked up and stared at me. His stare froze me to the bones. He got up and walked closer to me, I crawled further back before my head hit something hard and cold. He came closer to me.

"What. The fuck. Did. You. Just. Say?" He demanded. I looked at him in fear and went silent.

"That's what I thought." He said and walked back to the sofa, halfway there I git some bravery.

"YOU FUCKING KILLED HER!" I yelled, he turned around and walked towards me, in a somewhat angry march. My breath hitched as he came so close that I could smell the alcohol and cigarettes.

"You think I care?" He asked, pulling me by the roots of my hair. I watched him, my eyes filled with anger. He scoffed and hit my head on the hard wall, causing it to bleed.

"I'll be off now, I've got shit to do." He said and walked to his room, leaving behind his family. As he entered I heard a small gasp. I looked up, my vision started to blur but I recognized that dress anywhere. The silhouette ran towards my body.

"Eonnie!" The voice said, patting my cheek, making me a bit more conscious. Her face was streaked with tears., "Please don't leave me alone!"

When she said those words, I wanted to live, not for myself, but her. To get revenge on that man. I wouldn't die without watching that man suffer as much as he made us suffer.

I heard the sobs of the little girl and tried to fight this feeling. I felt my vision clear and groaned.

"Eonnie!" the little girl yelled, she ran toward me and hugged me, still shaking from crying so much.

𝘕𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵.

I tried. Tell me what you thought!